Friday, December 4, 2009 5pm-8pm EST
Saturday, December 5, 2009 3pm-6pm EST
Terms & Conditions
1. All items are sold where is,as is. The auctioneer makes no warranty, express or implied as to size, count weight, style, authenticity, period, material or manufacturer, or any other warranty except as specified below. Neither C. Downing Auctions nor its consignor will be responsible for the description, genuineness, provenance, or condition of the property. No statement contained in the catalogue or made orally at the sale or elsewhere shall be deemed to be such a warranty or representation or an assumption of liability. Purchasers should satisfy themselves as to the condition, quality and description before bidding.
2. The catalog lists are a courtesy, meant as a descriptive guide only. The buyer is cautioned to use the preview to examine all merchandise and to use his/her best judgment as to whether or not the descriptions and categories are accurate.
3. Title transfers to the customer at the fall of the hammer subject to the provisions above. From that moment the auctioneer will accept no returns. Please be sure you are bidding on the correct item and have examined it carefully before placing a bid.
4. The auctioneer reserves the right to refuse any and all bids, at her sole discretion, whether or not a reserve is in place, and will be the sole arbiter in any dispute. The auctioneer may, if she chooses, re-offer a disputed lot.
5. Absentee and telephone bids submitted in writing prior to the auction will be executed for the convenience of bidders not present at the auction. C. Downing Auctions will not be responsible for failing to execute such bids or for errors relating to the execution of such bids. Telephone bids must open at one half of the low estimate. In the event of equivalent absentee bids, preference will be given to the first received.
6. The purchase price payable by the buyer shall be the sum of the final bid plus a premium of 17.5% of the final bid. All purchases are subject to a 6% Connecticut sales tax. Sales tax numbers from other states are accepted, but the resale tax form must be fully and completely filled out and received prior to time of purchase. A service charge of $35.00 will be imposed on any returned checks.
7.No auction lot may be removed during the sale or at any time until the full purchase price has been paid.
8. Condition reports are statements of opinion by the staff of C. Downing Auctions. It is not a warrantee. C. Downing Auctions is not liable or responsible for any errors in the condition report or failure to deliver the same.
9.All shipping is to be arranged and paid for by the successful bidder. C. Downing Auctions will direct successful bidders to shipping agents , or successful bidders may make their own arrangements for pick-up and delivery of property.
10.Purchases made at C. Downing Auctions must be removed from the gallery within ten business days following the date of the sale, or they become subject to a storage fee of $10.00 per item per day. C. Downing Auctions will not be held responsible for loss or damage to items left on premises over ten business days.