1. The total purchase price of each lot shall include the successful hammer price of the lot together with a buyer's premium of 18% of the hammer price.
2. A Goods and Services Tax of 5% will be charged on the hammer price and buyer's premium on all lots except on items to be shipped out of the Canada. A Provincial Sales Tax of 7% will also be added to the successful hammer price and buyer's premium for all lots purchased by B.C. residents or for delivery within B.C. Goods shipped out of province or country must be handled by a bona-fide carrier and be picked up by said carrier directly from the offices of the auctioneer.
3. Although art2auction.com takes great care and diligence in cataloguing of lots offered for auction, all property is sold "as is" and neither we nor our consignors or agents make any warranties or representations as to the correctness of the catalogue entry or other descriptions contained therein, of the physical conditions, size, authenticity, or quality. Prospective bidders should inspect the property before bidding to determine the condition, size, and whether the purchaser acquires any reproduction rights in the property.
4. Notwithstanding the preceding condition, if the purchaser can provide, within 14 days of the sale of any lot, written proof from at least two recognised and acknowledged experts or authorities that the said lot was incorrectly described in the catalogue, and if the purchaser returns the said lot within 14 days after such notice in the same condition as sold, we as agent for the consignor will rescind the sale and refund the purchase price.
5. We reserve the right to withdraw any property, catalogued or otherwise, up to, and including the moment of sale.
6. If the auctioneer decides, irrespective of any publicized or catalogued estimate, that any opening bid is below the value of the lot offered, he may reject the bid and withdraw the lot from sale, and if, having acknowledged an opening bid, he decides that any advance thereafter is insufficient, he may reject the advance.
7. With the fall of the auctioneer's hammer, title to the lot being offered will pass to the highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer, subject to the conditions set forth herein. The successful bidder thereupon will pay the full purchase price and assume full risk and responsibility for the said lot. At no time will the auction house, nor its employees nor agents, be liable for any loss or damage of any kind whether caused by negligence or otherwise. All property must be removed by the purchaser at his or her expense not later than one week following its sale and if not so removed a handling charge of 5% of the purchase price per month will be payable by the purchaser until the property is removed.
8. Payment in full must be made on the day of the sale by cash, certified cheque, travellers cheque, Visa, Mastercard, or bank draft, unless other arrangements have been made with the auctioneer prior to the sale.