Sunday, May 15 from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm EST
Monday, May 16 from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm EST
Tuesday, May 17 from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm EST
Tuesday, May 17 at 5:00 pm EST
20% up to$1,000.00
Terms & Conditions
Conditions of Sale
Framefinders acts solely as agent for various owners and consignors. It exercises care in describing all items listed and uses careful judgment in attributing authorship, but offers no guarantee regarding authenticity, condition, or description. The items described in this catalog, which description may be amended by notice or announcement at sale time, are offered for sale by Framefinders as agent for various owners or others authorized to sell the items. The owners or others authorized to sell the items are hereinafter referred to as Sellers. The person or persons acknowledged by the auctioneer to be the highest bidder on an item shall be hereinafter referred to as the Buyer or Buyers.
Framefinders reserves the right to change the terms of sale by oral announcement. Any such change shall become part of the Conditions of Sale. By placing of a bid, whether present at the sale in person, or by agent, or by written or oral bid, or by telephone or other means, the Buyer agrees to be bound by these conditions of sale.
1) The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be the Buyer. In the event of any dispute between bidders, the auctioneer has the absolute discretion to determine which bidder is the successful Buyer or to re-offer the item in dispute and resell it.
2) In the event of any dispute after the sale, the Framefinders record of the final sale price and of the successful buyer shall be conclusive. Framefinders reserves the right to withdraw any item before or during the sale.
3) Many items in the auction are sold subject to a reserve. Such reserve is confidential, but in no case will the reserve exceed the low estimate. The auctioneer may reject any bid or increment not commensurate with the value of the lot.
4) Absentee and telephone bids are accepted, and must be guaranteed by a valid credit card and driver?s license number. Framefinders reserves the right not to execute any absentee or telephone bid submitted with invalid credit card or driver's license numbers. Absent parties may place bids by phone, fax, email or in person prior to the sale. Absentee bids must be placed no later than one hour prior to the sale. Framefinders will execute such bids up to the maximum amount specified. Framefinders is not responsible for errors or omissions in the execution of these bids. Phones must be reserved prior to the day of sale. Phone bidders are encouraged to leave a cover bid in case of technical failure.
5) Framefinders charges a premium to the buyer as follows: 17.5% of the final bid price on any lot above $1,000, and 20% of the final bid price on any lot equal to or less than $1,000. A premium of 20% of the final bid price will be charged on all lots bought online at www.liveauctioneers.com. The buyer?s premium will be applied to the hammer price of all items sold, to be paid by the buyer as part of the purchase price. Cash, certified checks, Visa and Master Card are accepted. All purchases are subject to NY sales tax. Valid resale certificates must be submitted prior to payments being processed.
6) Cash, certified check, Visa and Master Card are accepted forms of payment.
7) Limited Warrantee: Although Framefinders exercises due care in describing the items listed and uses good judgment in attributing authorship, it does not make any express or implied warrantee as to such authorship. Notwithstanding, Framefinders may, but shall have no obligation to, consider any reasonable request for refund on the grounds of authenticity of authorship only and only under the following conditions: (A) Notification must be made to Framefinders in writing within 7 days of receipt of the item. (B) The items must be returned within 28 days of the sale, accompanied by written testimony from a recognized authority that the lot in question is a forgery. (C) The limited warrantee does not extend to the lots identified as attributions, school, circle, manner, or after. (D) The limited warrantee is applicable only to the original Buyer.
8) All sales are final and all property is sold ?as is?.
9) The frame measurements given in the catalog are to the nearest half-inch, and represent the approximate painting size the frame in question will accommodate. It is the buyer?s responsibility to check the exact size prior to purchase.
10) It is the Buyer's responsibility to check all descriptions, sizes and condition reports prior to purchase. Framefinders strongly encourages all buyers to view the frames in person, and is not responsible for incorrect descriptions, sizes and condition reports.
11) As a convenience to the Buyer, Framefinders will make a referral for packing and shipping. This is at the request, expense, and risk of the Buyer, and Framefinders assumes no responsibility for damage to the items during shipping, or the timing of delivery. Insurance for in transit items is the responsibility of the buyer. Framefinders and the Seller will not be responsible for wrapping, packaging or shipping any items. Framefinders and the Seller reserve the right to sell any uncollected frames after 60 days to recuperate storage costs.
BIDDING AT THIS AUCTION, WHETHER IN PERSON, BY AGENT, ORDER BID, TELEPHONE OR OTHER MEANS, CONSTITUTES YOUR ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE "CONDITIONS OF SALE".
FRAMEFINDERS IS A DIVISION OF THE GOLDEN COLLECTION LLC., A CONNECTICUT CORPORATION.