The following Terms of Sale, as amended by any posted notices or verbal announcements during the sale, constitute the entire terms on which property in the auction shall be offered for sale. All bidders are responsible for understanding these Terms of Sale. If you have any questions please direct them to Paul Royka (978) 660-5678 or email: email@example.com 24hrs. prior to the auction. No communications made by any staff of ROYKA'S Auctioneers & Appraisers is intended to be binding; communications are made for informational purposes only.
1) All property is sold as-is, where-is. Buyers who wish to receive condition reports must ask specific questions along with guidelines on how to answer the questions. ROYKA'S will not be responsible for failure to answer questions or be responsible for any errors. We receive many requests and will make every attempt to answer all questions received.
2) Buyer's premium, purchase price, taxes & billing. A buyer's premium in the amount of 20% of the successful high bid will be added to the amount of the successful bid price for all lots purchased at auction. Upon the announcement by the auctioneer, the successful bidder becomes the purchaser and is responsible for the amount of the successful bid, the buyer's premium, applicable taxes, and other charges provided for in Terms & Conditions of Sale. Applicable taxes shall include Massachusetts sales tax (6.25%). Only valid resale certificates are accepted as proof of exemption from Massachusetts sales tax by US dealers. Exemption numbers from other states are accepted if presented with a business card or letterhead.
3) Some lots in the auction are subject to reserves. The reserve is a confidential minimum price agreed upon between the consignor and ROYKA'S. A representative of ROYKA'S will execute such reserves by bidding for the consignor. In any event, the auctioneer may reject any bid not commensurate with the value of the lot. We reserve the right to reject a bid from any bidder. In the case of a disputed bid, the auctioneer shall have sole discretion in determining the purchaser and may also, at his discretion, withdraw the lot or reoffer the lot for sale. ROYKA'S reserves the right to withdraw property from the sale for any reason and with no liability whatsoever for such withdrawal.
4) Acceptable methods of payment. Cash, money order, personal check with approved credit. PayPal (up to $1,000) and Credit Cards are accepted with 5% additional charge of purchase price. If you are not known to us, you will be asked to furnish a form of valid identification including a photo id. A letter from your bank, presented before the sale, may also be accepted, at our discretion, although we may retain your purchase(s) until the check clears. If you are the successful bidder either live or absentee and do not remit payment within 5 business days the sale is void. The purchaser agrees to pay a $25 handling charge to ROYKA'S for any payment dishonored by the drawee. (5% charge for credit cards online)
5) Absentee bids and phone bidding. All absentee bidding is handled as though you are in attendance. All absentee bidder names and bids are held in the strictest confidence, disclosed only in the event of a question after the sale. Absentee and phone bidding is a convenience offered to our customers and ROYKA'S is not liable or responsible for any errors or failures to execute bids.
6) Removal, packaging & shipping. Pick up will be arranged from our Leominster, MA storage. For The purchaser is responsible for the moving or shipment of all purchased property. ROYKA'S at its discretion and at the purchasers request, package and ship items as directed by the purchaser. Customers can contact The UPS Store, 60 Thoreau Street, Concord, MA (978) 369-5570 to arrange pick up and packaging your items. All such packaging, handling and shipping is at the sole risk and expense of the purchaser and ROYKA'S will have no liability for any loss or damage to such items. Export/Import: an export license may be required for the export of certain materials. Some countries prohibit the importation of certain materials. It is the sole responsibility of purchasers to familiarize themselves with any required license and import/export requirements. ROYKA'S will have no responsibility with regard to these matters. All items must be paid for in full, picked up or arrangements made for shipping within 5 business days of auction. ROYKA'S shall have no liability for any damage to property left on its premises for more than (5) five business days after the date of sale.
7) Governing law and forum for disputes. The laws of Massachusetts shall govern the auctions of Royka's Auctioneers & Appraisers. Any disputes which may arise in connection with the auction and/or any auction purchase, and all of the terms and conditions set forth herein above, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Massachusetts law. Anyone who participates in the auction and/or makes auction purchases agrees to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Massachusetts with respect to any dispute arising in connection with the auction and/or any auction purchases. Royka's retains all rights to reproduce images after auction. Any disputes must be received in writing by certified mail to Royka's, PO Box 179, Lunenburg, MA 01462 30 days of the sale. Bidding on any item indicates your acceptance of these terms of sale and all other terms announced at the time of sale. In all instances, the auctioneers interpretation of these conditions is final and binding on all bidders. Auctioneer: Paul Royka, Massachusetts License Number 2647