Blackwood March Auctioneers
CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. A 15% buyer's premium (18% internet bidders) will be added to the hammer price of each lot.
2. All lots are sold AS-IS, and all sales are final. It is the responsibility of prospective bidders to examine lots offered and decide their level of interest. Neither the auctioneer nor the consignors are responsible for the accuracy of written, or verbal descriptions of property offered. The ONLY exception considered is in the case of a deliberate forgery specifically represented as authentic by the auctioneer. If so, the purchaser must notify the auctioneer in writing within 7 business days that said lot is a forgery, and include a written appraisal of the item by a recognized expert. Due to our policy of paying consignors within 7 business days after the auction, these conditions must be completely met for a refund to be considered.
3. The auctioneer reserves the right to accept or reject any bids and to arbitrate disputed bids.
4. The record of the sale kept by the auction house will be taken as final.
5. Some lots carry reserves, or minimum selling prices. This is a confidential figure set between the auctioneer and the consignor under which the lot will not be sold. The auction house will execute the reserves and the reserve will not exceed the low estimate. Reserved lots will be estimated and marked with an *.
6. Absentee bids will be executed as a convenience to customers. The auctioneer will not be held responsible for errors, or failure to execute bids.
7. Lots may be withdrawn at any time prior to the offering of each lot.
8. Payment is expected immediately after the auction. The auctioneer reserves the right to hold lots until your check has cleared. Potential buyers of expensive lots, especially those not from Massachusetts should expect lots held until their check clears. A charge of $25 will be added to checks that are dishonored for any reason.
9. All sales are subject to the Massachusetts sales tax unless the buyer has a valid resale certificate.
10. Buyers of expensive lots should expect merchandise bought to be held until their check clears.
11. Lots not arranged to be shipped 7 days after payment will be charged $10 a day storage.
12. Packing and shipping at the cost of the buyer. We recommend Easy Ship and Pack 127 Eastern Avenue Gloucester Massachusetts (978) 281 4641