Friday May 9 11 AM to 5 PM
Saturday May 10 11 AM to 5 PM
305 Lincoln Street
Marlboro, MA 01752
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Please read carefully before bidding. Your bid is a contract. By participating in the sale and bidding, you acknowledge that you are bound by the following terms and conditions. The Conditions of Sale, the content of auction catalogues, listings and descriptions are to amendments by posted notices and/or oral announcements made prior to or during the auction.
1. All sales are final. All lots are being sold as is where is, and the Auctioneer and his agents make no guarantees to any items being sold including age, condition, signatures, history, authorship, materials made of and provenance. There are no guarantees to any verbal or written descriptions or statements made by the Auctioneer or his agents. All sizes, weights, condition, and other descriptions given in the auction catalogue are approximate and should be checked by the Buyer or his agent prior to bidding. Condition of some lots is estimated using scale from 1 to 10 which is for reference purposes only and don?t release the buyers from inspection, evaluation, etc. The only thing which is guaranteed is gold and silver lots according to the marking on the lots or testing done by the Auctioneer prior to the auction. Within 10 days after the auction the Buyer can return the item he bought as gold or silver of described grade in case the grade is not confirmed after the auction. The claim should be accompanied by written conclusion from recognized expert. ARUS AUCTIONS will refund 100% of the hummer price and the buyer?s premium paid by the Buyer. The shipping cost, expertise and other expenses will be not refunded.
2. On all signed artworks (paintings, sculptures, etc.) bought at the auction with $3,000 or higher hammer price the auctioneer grants the buyer 10 days after the end of the auction to obtain professional expertise. All disputes on authenticity must be accompanied by a written opinion by an acknowledged expert in the field. ARUS AUCTIONS will refund 100% of the hummer price and the buyer?s premium paid by the Buyer. The shipping cost, expertise and other expenses will be not refunded. After the mentioned period of 10 days, all sales will be considered final.
3. Attention militaria collectibles buyers: some military lots, especially items with Nazi symbols, are not authentic and most likely are later copies. As we don?t do any expertize we don?t check and cannot guarantee any kind of authenticity, so please bid at your own expertize. We'll be happy to answer all your questions BEFORE the auction, meanwhile we wouldn?t be able to cancel the sale if you change your mind, find additional information on authenticity, etc. after the bidding.
4. All bidders should examine and preview lots personally or by their agents to determine the condition and value of the lots they intend to bid. Please keep in mind that you are bidding on used, sometimes antique items which might be not in good condition and definitely have imperfections due to the age and usage. The condition reports given in the lot descriptions are just for reference purpose only and bidders shouldn?t trust them. The Auctioneer will not be liable for any condition inconsistencies. It is up to the bidder to determine the condition.
5. All mechanical items are sold without any warranty. Buyers should inspect or have their technician/mechanic preview such items. The Auctioneer gives no expressed or implied warranties-no refunds
6. For all In house bidders, a buyers premium of 18% will be added to the successful bid price and is payable by the purchaser as part of the total purchase price. 3% discount is granted for cash payments. On-line, absentee, and phone bidders pay 21% buyers premium.
7. 6.25% Massachusetts sales tax will be added to the total purchase price unless the buyer presents a copy of valid resale certificate.
8. The Auctioneer is the final judge in any disputes and may re-open or re-offer the items in question. The Auctioneer reserves the right to reject any bids or bidder and is not responsible for any failure to see or to execute bids. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer will be the purchaser.
9. The Auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any property before the sale or during the auction. If the auctioneer decides that the highest bid is below the reserve for the article offered, he may reject the bid and withdraw the article from sale. No reserve will exceed the low presale estimate stated in the catalogue.
10. After the Buyer becomes a winning bidder it is the ownership passes to him and it is his responsibility to keep the item safe. Since the moment of sale the Auctioneer is not responsible for any items missing, damaged, or lost after they are sold.
11. All items are sold subject to Massachusetts State Laws. All firearm sales are subject to both state and Federal laws requiring paperwork and possible background checks.
12. All items should be paid for in full before they leave the auction site. All absentee, phone, and Internet bids should be paid within 5 days after the auction date. Failure to pay will result in lawful action. For lots bought online through www.liveauctioneers.com and not paid a case would be opened according to www.liveauctioneers.com rules. Arus Auctions doesn?t guarantee availability of bought lots in case they are not paid in full within 14 days after the auction. Meanwhile to close www.liveauctioneers.com case the bidder would need to pay the Auction House the buyer?s premium to compensate expenses connected to this sale.
13. Shipping and storage. Buyers should arrange shipping the items they bought. As a courtesy the Auctioneer could deliver small items for shipping to the local shipping store. We could recommend to contact local UPS Stores # 1705 (1257 Worchester Rd, Framingham, MA 01701, phone (508) 875-8000) or # 2651 (197 Boston Post Rd W Ste M, Marlboro, MA 01752, phone (508) 460-1311). Within 2-3 days after the auction we will also get shipping quotes from a shipper we work with which would be based on $9 paperwork, $50/Hour labor and actual cost of materials, shipping and insurance. For your convenience this quote will be included in the Invoice you would receive from our Auction House, meanwhile you don?t have to accept this shipping and welcome to do your own shipping arrangements.
The auction house will also provide all successful Internet and absentee with free handling and storage for up to 20 days after the auction. After this period storage fee of 1% of the hammer price will be charged for storage for each day unless other arrangements between a successful bidder and the Auction House are done by e-mail.
14. We accept cash, checks, money orders, wire transfers, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal. The Auctioneer reserves the right to hold merchandise till checks clear.
Get notifications from your favorite auctioneers.
As Seen On
Shop With Confidence
Since 2002, LiveAuctioneers has made exceptional items available for safe purchase in secure online auctions.