Collection will be available for preview by appointment only.
Terms & Conditions
SIGNATURE HOUSE AUCTION 39
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
0) LiveAuctioneer Bidders - Please read our listings carefully for detailed information.
1) Absentee Bids will be accepted by phone, mail, fax, email and via our website until the closing until the closing date.
2) Live Bids will be accepted during the sale via phone (callback only, prior reservations required) and from LiveAuctioneers.
3) Buyer's Premium of 20% will be charged on the final hammer price of each lot. A 2.5% discount on the Buyer's Premium will be allowed for payments by Check (personal, cashier's, company) ir Money Order.
4) Bid Rejection - Signature House reserves the right to reject any bid for any reason.
5) Withdrawal of Lots - Signature House reserves the right to withdraw any lot for any reason.
6) Final Authority - The auctioneer reserves the right to be the final authority on all sales.
7) Lot descriptions and grading conform to Manuscript Society criteria. Framed lots are not examined out of frame. Condition does not refer to mat or frame.
8) Illustrations of lots in this catalog may have had size modifications or may have been trimmed to exclude framing, matting and wide blank margins for display purposes. Larger, full color illustrations are available on our website.
9) Duplicate High Bids - In the event of duplicate high bids, the earliest bid received will be the winner. Please note that absentee bids left with www.liveauctioneers.com do not reach the auctioneer until the lot opens during the live sale.
10) Bidding - All bidding is conducted in a competitive manner. The winning bid will always be one bidding increment over the second highest bid. The minimum acceptable bid for any lot is 50% of the listed low estimate or $40, whichever is greater.
11) Reserves - Some lots may carry a reserve beneath which the item will not be sold.
12) Our Golden Guarantee:
Returns - All material is returnable within seven days providing that it comes back in the same condition. After 7 days, the only acceptable condition for return is lack of authenticity. Framed items cannot be returned due to condition of mat or frame or defects not visible because of frame. Items removed from frame are not returnable.
Lifetime Guarantee on authenticity to the original purchaser. The item(s) must be returned with two letters denying its authenticity by expert authenticators acceptable to both parties.
13) Sales Tax of 8.75% will be charged to California residents unless a resale number is filed with us prior to the closing date of the sale.
14) Payment is expected immediately upon receipt of invoice. All accounts are payable to Signature House in U.S. funds, via check (personal, business or cashier's), money order, credit card or PayPal (payable to firstname.lastname@example.org). For sales outside of the USA a credit card is requested.
15) Shipping - Domestic shipping for packages valued $500 or less will be via USPS, over $500 via Fed Ex. Foreign shipping will be via registered Air Mail. Handling, shipping and mandatory insurance charges will be added to the invoice. Oversize and foreign shipments are subject to increased charges. All items will be shipped within three-four business days of receipt of payment. Neither frames nor picture glass are covered by insurance.
16) The placing of a bid shall constitute acceptance of the preceding terms and conditions of sale.
17). Any lot comprising five or more items is described with obvious flaws noted and condition is given as a general overall statement and may not apply to individual items. Large collections and archives are sold as is with general summation and condition as space permits.
18) FINAL Auction results will NOT be available UNTIL the Wednesday after the sale.