This is an online only auction. Items will not be available for viewing.
Terms & Conditions
MILLEA BROS. LTD. TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
The property listed in this auction catalog will be offered by Millea Bros. Ltd. (Millea Bros.) as owner or as agent for their consignor(s) subject to the following terms and conditions. Any of the following conditions of sale may be amended, waived, or modified in the sole discretion of Millea Bros. Ltd. By placing a bid, whether present in the saleroom or by any other means, the buyer (bidder, purchaser) agrees to be bound by the following conditions of sale:
1) All property is sold in AS IS condition and ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Neither Millea Bros. nor their consignor(s) makes any representations or warranties, express or implied, with respect to the property or the correctness of the catalog or other description of the authenticity of authorship, physical condition, size, age, quality, rarity, importance, provenance, exhibitions, literature or historical relevance of the property or otherwise. No statement anywhere, whether oral or written, shall be deemed such a guarantee, warranty, or representation. Prospective bidders should examine the property before bidding to determine their level of interest. Unless otherwise announced by the auctioneer, all bids are per lot as numbered in the catalog. All sales are final. Returns will not be accepted under any circumstance.
2) The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be the buyer. The auctioneer reserves the right to reject any bid and shall advance the bid at his/her sole discretion. In the event of a dispute between bidders, the auctioneer has absolute discretion to determine the successful buyer or to re-sell the disputed lot. If a dispute arises after the sale, Millea Bros.' record of the successful buyer and final sale price shall be conclusive. Millea Bros. reserves the right to withdraw, combine or divide any lot at any time before bidding commences.
3) The auctioneer has sole and exclusive discretion, and authority to regulate the following bidding increments:
$0 - $100 ................$10 increments
$101 - $500 ..............$25 increments
$501 - $1,000 ............$50 increments
$1,001 - $2,000 .........$100 increments
$2,001 - $5,000 ........$250 increments
$5,001 - $10,000 .......$500 increments
$10,001 - $50,000 .....$1,000 increments
$50,001 - $100,000 ....$2,500 increments
$100,001 - $150,000 ...$5,000 increments
$150,001 - and up ....$10,000 increments
4) Some lots offered for sale may be subject to a reserve, which is a confidential minimum price below which a lot will not be sold. Under no circumstance will a reserve exceed the low estimate of the lot being offered. Consignors are prohibited from bidding on their own property, however, the auctioneer may implement reserves by bidding on behalf of the consignor. If bids on a lot fail to reach the reserve, the lot will be "passed" or "bought-in".
5) Absentee, telephone, and Internet bidding is offered as a convenience to our customers and, while we will make every effort to carry out your instructions, Millea Bros. cannot be held responsible for errors and omissions resulting in failure to execute your bids.
6) Users of third-party internet bidding services shall indemnify and hold Millea Bros. and its consignors harmless against any claim arising out of or resulting from the use of such Internet Bidding Services, including all losses, damages, liabilities, and all fees, including reasonable attorney's fees, costs, and expenses incurred in connection with any claim. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall Millea Bros. and its consignors be liable for lost profits or any special, incidental, or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use Internet Bidding Services.
7) Title of each lot passes upon the fall of the auctioneer's hammer to the highest acknowledged bidder. Thereafter, any loss by fire, theft, breakage, or any other cause is the sole responsibility of the purchaser. Merchandise must be packed and transported by the purchaser at his/her own risk and expense. If any employee or recommended agent of Millea Bros. shall pack or transport the merchandise, it is fully at the risk, responsibility, and expense of the purchaser and Millea Bros. shall not be liable for any loss or damage that maybe caused by such employee or agent. Under no circumstances will Millea Bros.' liabilities to a purchaser exceed the purchase price actually paid.
8) The purchase price of each lot shall be the amount of the successful bid plus a twenty percent (20%) buyer's premium on the first $500,000 and a seventeen percent (17%) buyer's premium on the portion exceeding $500,000. Unless exempt by law, all purchases, including buyer's premium, are subject to all state and local taxes applicable at the time of payment.
9) All payments are due within one week following the auction. Payment must be made by cash, check, certified check, money order or PayPal. We DO NOT accept Western Union payments or credit card payments outside of PayPal. Millea Bros. reserves the right to hold merchandise paid for by check until payment has cleared the bank (typically one week). The purchaser agrees to pay Millea Bros. a handling charge of $35 for any check returned for insufficient funds. Non-US purchasers must make payment using a US-dollar denominated check drawn on a US bank or by international money order or wire transfer.
10) Millea Bros. Ltd. does not ship. Packing and shipping is the responsibility of the buyer and is at his/her risk and expense. This is an online only auction and all lots are located at a third-party storage and shipping company, 3 Little Men in Hampton, New Jersey. Following payment, buyers are welcome to use a pack/ship professional of their choice or to collect their purchases in person at the 3 Little Men warehouse. The buyer will coordinate all shipping, delivery and pickup arrangements with 3 Little Men directly. Invoices must be paid in full to Millea Bros. before purchased property can be released or collected.
11) If any applicable conditions contained herein are not complied with by the purchaser, Millea Bros. may, in addition to other remedies available by law; (a) hold the purchaser liable for the total purchase price; (b) retain any payment made by the purchaser, and/or (c) cancel the sale and resell the property without reserve and the original purchaser will be liable for any deficiency and added cost.
NOTE REGARDING ANIMAL MATERIALS
Certain property contained in this catalog may be constructed from, or may incorporate animal materials, and may require a license/permit or certificate for exportation or resale. It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser to obtain appropriate licenses. The sale of a lot will not be canceled if a purchaser cannot obtain the appropriate license/permit/certificate. CITES documents are not provided unless specified in the lot description.