About Robert Edward Auctions
Robert Edward Auctions specializes in the very best in all areas of baseball collectibles, as well as other sport and non-sport memorabilia and cards. If you have a significant high value item or collection that you are considering selling at auction, you can’t afford NOT to contact Robert Edward Auctions.
For over 30 years Robert Edward Auctions has offered an unparalleled tradition of integrity, knowledge and professionalism.
Robert Edward Auctions offers the ultimate auction service and is exclusively geared to high quality material. Larger circulation + unparalleled knowledge and experience + lower commission rates = more money in your pocket. Robert Edward Auctions also offers: Reasonable reserves, unmatched financial security (millions in assets, NO liabilities), millions of dollars available at all times at a moment’s notice for cash advances, and the most extensive list of buyers in the collecting world.
Robert Edward Auctions will put more money in your pocket.
If you have high quality material to bring to auction, Robert Edward Auctions will not only help you realize the highest possible prices for your valuable material, we provide to consignors the peace of mind that your consignments will be treated with the utmost in care, and that every aspect of the auction process will be executed with the greatest attention to every detail.
The Premier Auction Service
Each year, an endless sea of auctions presents an overwhelming array of buying and selling opportunities. Collections go to auction; buyers and sellers rely on the integrity of the auction house; and millions of dollars change hands.
In this environment, trust is critical.
As a buyer, you need to trust that you are participating in an honest auction. An auction where the house acts as a facilitator of transactions, and not as an active participant. The auction house should not own any of the material, set any secret hidden reserves, permit its employees and executives to bid in the auction, provide inaccurate descriptions, make undisclosed restorations to the material, or intentionally not disclose any conflicts of interest.
Anything less would be unfair, and unethical.
As a consignor, you need to trust that your material is being presented in the best way possible to the largest audience. In an auction where there are no conflicts of interest, where the house does not own any lots, where the material is offered with the most detailed and thoroughly researched descriptions, and with the widest possible circulation. Where bidders can have the greatest degree of confidence in every way. Anything less would not do your material justice.
With all the auction houses at your disposal, there is only one that can boast all of the above. Robert Edward Auctions. For both buyers and sellers: The most trusted auction house in the hobby.
The Ultimate Auction Service
For over 30 years Robert Edward Auctions has offered an unparalleled tradition of integrity, knowledge and professionalism. We specialize in the very best in all areas of baseball collectibles, as well as other sport, non-sport, and Americana collectibles including political and campaign memorabilia, autographs and manuscripts, and original illustration art.
No one can do for you what we can do: Provide the ultimate auction service, and with the largest circulation of any auction in the history of collecting. We have handled virtually all of the most significant items in the world of baseball cards and sports collecting - many several times over.
A few of the significant accomplishments of Robert Edward Auctions and REA President Robert Lifson include:
* The Barry Halper Collection: When Barry Halper sold his legendary collection, universally recognized as the best and by far the largest in the world, he insisted that Robert Edward Auctions oversee the historic sale. The Halper Collection realized over Twenty-Six Million Dollars.
* The “Million Dollar” Wagner: Robert Edward Auctions oversaw the sale of the legendary “Gretzky-McNall” T206 Honus Wagner, the most valuable card in the world, which sold for $1.265 million dollars.
* FBI Consultant: REA President Robert Lifson has been retained by the Federal Bureau of Investigation as an expert consultant to provide extensive consultation and research services on a variety of cases regarding the value of baseball cards and memorabilia, the authenticity of baseball memorabilia, and the auction process.
* Justice Department Expert Witness: REA President Robert Lifson has testified in court on behalf of The Justice Department as an expert witness for the Federal Government regarding the value of baseball cards and memorabilia, the authenticity of baseball memorabilia, and the auction process.
* Unparalleled Credentials and Experience: REA President Robert Lifson has served as Senior Editor of The Sports Collectors Bible, as well as Special Consultant to The Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards. He has also served as Senior Consultant for Sotheby’s Auction House.
* Lou Gehrig’s Farewell Speech Uniform: Robert Edward Auctions auctioned the uniform which Lou Gehrig wore when he gave his famous “I am the luckiest man on the face of the earth” speech in 1939. The uniform sold for a record $306,000.
* Twenty T206 Honus Wagners: Robert Edward Auctions has auctioned and sold privately on behalf of clients over 20 of the approximately 60 T206 Honus Wagners known to exist.
* 1854 Knickerbocker Trophy Baseball: Robert Edward Auctions sold at auction the famous 1854 Knickerbocker Trophy baseball, for a then record of $72,000, which is now a highlight exhibit in the permanent collection of the Hall of Fame in Cooperstown.
* Record Prices: Robert Edward Auctions has set countless auction records for the sale of rare baseball cards and memorabilia. We have handled virtually every significant item in the world of baseball cards and memorabilia. Robert Edward Auctions provides consignors the peace of mind that the value of their consignments will be maximized.
* Rosa Parks Bus/Research and Authentication: REA President Robert Lifson was solely responsible for the discovery, research, and authentication of The Rosa Parks Bus, purchased at auction by The Ford Foundation. It is now their prize exhibit, and one of the many highlights of REA President Robert Lifson’s distinguished career. The unparalleled research and authentication processes provided by Robert Edward Auctions is a source of great pride, for which we have earned the highest degree of respect of the world’s most revered institutions and advanced collectors.
To Learn More About Robert Edward Auctions Please Visit The Menu Of Links Above.
We offer the absolute ideal forum in which to bring high quality individual items and significant collections to the marketplace. We offer buyers the most trusted and respected auction process, authentication, and bidding systems. We offer consignors the peace of mind that their consignments will be treated with the utmost care and that every aspect of the auction process will be executed with the greatest attention to every detail.
We will treat your items with the same respect, care and attention to detail as the famous Barry Halper Collection, and the countless other historic individual items and important collections handled by Robert Edward Auctions over the past 30 years.