TERMS AND CONDITION
IMPORTANT – READ CAREFULLY All sales will be considered sold and final
All properties will be auctioned at 11D, Tak Lee Commercial Building, 117 Wan Chai Road, Wan Chai , Hong Kong, from 9am onward.
There is no fee to register. Registration will begin at 9am on Monday 5th March and will continue until the auction starts. Bidders must register and be issued a bidder number prior to making any bid. Hong Kong Auctions shall have the right, as its absolute discretion, to refuse to allow any person/organization to participate in the auction and to refuse admission to the auction venue to any person.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALES
1. INSPECTION: The goods listed in the Auction List will be available for inspection from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Friday 9th March. It is the duty of the bidders to inspect the goods. Each bidder will be deemed to have inspected the goods and acknowledged the conditions of the goods even if he has not made any inspection of goods for whatsoever reason (including the inability to procure an Auction List). Bidders will be deemed to have knowledge of all matters which they could reasonably have been expected to find out by the exercise of reasonable due diligence.
2. ALL SALES ARE FINAL: Bidders should note that a sale by auction is complete when the Auctioneer announces its completion by the fall of the hammer, or in other customary manner. The person who makes the highest bid accepted by the Auctioneer shall be the buyer.
3. Some of the lots in this sale are offered subject to a reserve. The reserve is a confidential minimum price agreed upon by the consignor and Hong Kong Auctions ltd. below which the lot will not be sold. In most cases, the reserve will be set below the estimated range, but in no case will it exceed the estimates listed. A representative of Hong Kong Auctions ltd. will execute such reserves by bidding for the consignor. In any event, and whether or not a lot is subject to a reserve, the auctioneer may reject any bid or raise not commensurate with the value of such lot.
4. All property is sold "as is", and neither the auctioneer nor any consignor makes any warranties or representation of any kind or nature with respect to the property, and in no event shall they be responsible for the correctness, nor deemed to have made any representation or warranty, or description, genuineness, authorship, attribution, provenance, period, culture, source, origin, or condition of the property and no statement made at the sale, or in the bill of sale, or invoice or elsewhere shall be deemed such a warranty of representation or an assumption of liability.
5. Except as provided in paragraph 1 above, the highest bidder as determined by the auctioneer shall be the purchaser. In the case of a disputed bid, the auctioneer shall have sole discretion in determining the purchaser and may also, at his or her election, withdraw the lot or reoffer the lot for sale.
6. All merchandise purchased must be paid for and removed from the premises within 3 days of the auction. Hong Kong Auctions ltd. may impose, and the purchaser agrees to pay, a monthly storage charge of 1.5% of the purchase price of any lot or portion of a lot not removed by the purchaser within seven (7) business days after the date of sale. Hong Kong Auctions ltd. shall have no liability for any damage to property left on its premises for more than seven (7) days after the date of sale. At the option of Hong Kong Auctions ltd., the merchandise may be transferred to and stored at a bonded warehouse and the purchaser agrees to pay all transfer and storage expenses. Hong Kong Auctions ltd. may impose, and the purchaser agrees to pay, a monthly interest charge of 1.5% of the purchase price of any lot or item not paid by the purchaser within thirty-five (35) days of the date of sale.
7. Hong Kong Auctions accepts Paypal only. Please contact Accounting for additional payment methods. Hong Kong Auctions does not accept payment by credit card for merchandise purchases.
8. If the purchaser breaches any of its obligations under these Conditions of Sale, including its obligation to pay in full the purchase price of all items for which it was the highest successful bidder, Hong Kong Auctions ltd. may exercise all of its rights and remedies under the law including, without limitation, (a) canceling the sale and applying any payments made by the purchaser to the damages caused by the purchaser's breach, and/or (b) offering at public auction, without reserve, any lot or item for which the purchaser has failed to pay in full the purchase price, holding the purchaser liable for any deficiency plus all costs of sale.
9. In no event will the liability of Hong Kong Auctions ltd. to any purchaser with respect to any item exceed the purchase price actually paid by such purchaser for such item.
10. Hong Kong Auctions ltd. may, in its discretion and at a purchaser's request, package and ship items as directed by the purchaser. In such event, purchaser agrees that (a) all such packaging, handling and shipping is at the sole risk of the purchaser and that Hong Kong Auctions ltd. shall have no liability for any loss or damage to such items, and (b) purchaser shall pay in advance, all packaging expenses, including labor, materials and postage and carrier fees, and all insurance charges. Allow two to six weeks for shipping. Import restrictions from foreign countries are subject to governing laws. Granting of licensing for import or export of goods from local authorities is the sole responsibility of the buyer. Denial or delay of licensing will not constitute cancellation or delay in payment for the total purchase price of these lots.
11. The buyers premium on property purchased on eBay Live Auctions will be in the amount equal to 8% of the final bid price.
12. Bidding on any item indicates your acceptance of these terms and all other terms announced at the time of sale whether bidding in person, through a representative, by phone, by Internet, or other absentee bid.