Thursday, May 17, 2007 from 10am - 5pm (EST)
Friday, May 18, 2007 from 10am - 5pm (EST)
Saturday, May 19, 2007 from 8am - 10am (EST)
Terms & Conditions
1. All items are sold as is, where is, with all faults. There are no warranties or representations of merchantability, of fitness, nor of any other kind, express or implied. All items are available for your examination prior to bidding. Your bidding will signify that you have examined the items as fully as you desire, or that you have chosen not to examine them. Written and oral descriptions are our opinions and should be in no way constructed as a guarantee of any kind as to age, condition, materials or any other feature of items being sold. Our goal is to provide prospective bidders with accurate and detailed information. We recommend prospective bidders examine all items in which they have an interest. If you require absolute certainty in all areas of authenticity, and the results of you evaluation leave uncertainty in your mind, we recommend you not bid on the item in question. We do not give refunds. All sales are final. No statement written or oral made by the auctioneer shall be deemed a warranty or assumption of liability by Midwest Auction Galleries or by any seller represented by Midwest Auction Galleries.
2. If a lot is offered with a reserve, the reserve is printed following the description and bidding will begin at that price.
3. Once we declare that an item is sold, we cannot reopen the bidding, It is the bidder's responsibility to get our attention prior to our saying "sold". We reserve the right to reject any bids deemed inappropriate. If an item is withdrawn from the auction, it will be offered again only at the auctioneer's discretion.
4. Payment must be made by cash(In House Only), approved check, wire(bank) transfer, MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express. We reserve the right to require bank checks for large purchases. Buyers not known to us who wish to write a check, must provide a current letter of credit from their bank guaranteeing funds for that account. Credit arrangements must be made by the Friday prior to the day of auction so bank statements can be verified. We reserve the right to not issue a buyers' number or to withhold merchandise if appropriate credit has not been established.
5. Payment for all purchases is expected at time of purchase. Payment for successful absentee, phone bids and eBayÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â® bids is required within five business days of the auction
6. We are pleased to offer phone and absentee bidding for prospective bidders who cannot attend our auctions. Please complete the Absentee Bed and/or Phone Reservation form. Absentee bids left with us are executed competitively and confidentially. In the case of identical bids left with us, the bid received first will prevail. Bids that are left on eBayÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â® are not executed until the item is offered in the live auction and the order in which they are received isn't a factor.
Below are the guidelines for bid increments.
$0 - $200 $5 Bid Increments
$200 - $500 $25 Bid Increments
$500 - $1,000 $50 Bid Increments
$1,000 - $2,000 $100 Bid Increments
$2,000 - $5,000 $250 Bid Increments
$5,000 - $10,000 $500 Bid Increments
$10,000 - $50,000 $1,000 Bid Increments
$50,000 and Above $5,000 Bid Increments
The deadline for absentee bids is at least twenty lots before the item comes up for auction. All reservations for phone bidding is held in the strictest confidence and must be received one day prior to auction day. In our experience, cellular phones are not always dependable, and we recommend phone bidding reservations be made on land lines. We make every effort to honor all absentee and phone bid reservations, but we are not liable for any losses incurred as a result of failure to execute absentee bids or failed phone reservations. Submitting left bids or bidding by phone does not imply an extension of credit. Please see numbers 4 and 5 above.
7. Purchaser agrees that packing and shipping is done at the purchaser's risk and that the purchaser will pay in advance all packaging expenses, materials, carrier fees and insurance charges. At our discretion, items will be packed by an agent such as a packaging store. Please allow two weeks for shipping after payment is received. Shipments of large items is the responsibility of the purchaser. We are happy to provide names of carriers and shippers if a purchaser so requests. Midwest Auction Galleries will have no liability for any loss or damaged to shipped items.
8. Note to internet absentee bidders; we do not accept cut bids, (bids less than the last interval) from the floor or from phone bidders and we do not accept them from internet bidders. Thus it is possible that a lot could go to another bidder for less than your absentee bid. For example, if the bids are progressing in ten dollar increments, $50, $60, $70 and your absentee falls at $75, we will not take the bid since it is less than the $10 interval. We always encourage bidders to bid by phone or to leave absentee bids through our gallery to avoid such a situation.
9. All purchases are subject to 6% Michigan sales tax unless the Michigan Certificate if Resale tax form is fully and completely filled out and received prior to time of purchase. Resale tax number from other states are accepted.
10. Bidding on an item indicates your understanding and acceptance of these Terms of Sale. If a purchaser breaches any of these Terms of Sale, including the obligation to pay for purchased items, Midwest Auction Galleries may seek all remedies under the law including canceling the sale and reoffering the property without reserve.
11. A buyer's premium of 10% will be applied to the purchase price of all items. Live internet bidding available through eBayÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â® Live Auctions is offered with a 15% buyer's premium.
12. Purchased items not picked up from the auction facility within ten business days of the auction will be assessed a storage fee of $5.00 per day, per item.
13. We are normally closed on the day after auctions. Please arrange appointments for other days.