Preview Item Day Of The Sale From 8:00 A.M. Until Start Of Auction Or Call Bob or Mike at 860-669-9274
Terms & Conditions
The following as amended by any posted notices during the sale, constitutes the entire terms and conditions on which property listed in the catalogue shall be offered for sale or sold by Robert Glass Auctions L.L.C. (RHG) or The Hamilton Group, L.L.C (HG) and any consignor of such property for whom (RHG / HG) has acted as agent. By bidding at an auction, whether in person or by agent, absentee bid, telephone, Internet or other means, the purchaser or bidder agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Sale.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
DESCRIPTIONS / CONDITION - The Auctioneer has put forth every effort to provide an accurate description of all items for this auction.In any event, the Auctioneer shall not be responsible for the correct count, description, authenticity, genuineness of or defect in any lot and makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance will be made or sale set aside on account of incorrectness, error in cataloging or any imperfection not noted. No deduction will be allowed on damaged articles as all goods being exposed to public exhibition are sold "as is" "where is" with no guarantees implied and without recourse. All sales are final. It is the bidders responsibility to determine the exact condition of each item. Printed statements of description are provided in good faith and are matters of opinion only.
PLEASE READ AND FAMILARIZE YOURSELF WITH THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE BIDDING.
1. All items are sold "AS IS, WHERE IS." There are no warranties or guarantees of any kind, expressed or implied. All items are available for your examination prior to bidding. Written and oral descriptions are our opinions and should in no way be construed as a guarantee of any kind as to authenticity, age, condition, materials, size, or any other feature of items being sold. (RHG / HG) attempts to catalog every lot correctly and will attempt to point out any defects but will not be responsible or liable for the correctness of the catalog or other descriptions of the lot. Photos are for identification only and should not be used as a basis for determining condition of the lot. For additional condition reports and details, please call us at (860) 669-9274. If your item(s) are damaged in shipping, you will need to contact the carrier to file a claim. We do not give refunds. All sales are final - there will be no returns.
2. All property is sold "AS IS, WHERE IS" and neither (RHG / HG) nor the consignor makes any warranties or representations of any kind or nature with respect to property or its value, and in no event shall be responsible for the correctness of description, genuineness, attribution, provenance, authenticity, authorship, completeness, size, condition of property or estimate of value. No statement (oral or written) in this catalog, at the sale, or elsewhere shall be deemed such a warranty or representation, or any assumption of responsibility. All measurements are approximate.
3. Internet bidders must bid quickly as we sell at a rate of 60-80 items per hour. You may want to post absentee bids on lots of interest in case your Internet service is interrupted during the live auction event or our connection has a failure. Note: Bidder agrees that RHG/HG shall not be held responsible for bidders inability to post a bid on any lot, at any time, for any reason whatsoever. The successful bidder is the highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer. In the event of any dispute between bidders, or in the event of doubt on (RHG / HG) 's part as to the validity of any bid, the auctioneer will have the final discretion either to determine the successful bidder or to re-offer and resell the article in dispute. If any dispute arises after the sale, (RHG/ HG) 's sale record is conclusive.
4. The purchaser assumes full responsibility for items at time of sale. The buyer at the conclusion of the auction must immediately insure all items.
5. As a convenience to customers, absentee bids and phone bids will be executed by (RHG / HG) 'S personnel in a competitive and confidential manner. Phone bid arrangements must be made prior to start of the auction. (RHG / HG) will not be responsible for failure to execute absentee or phone bids. Absentee bids and phone bids are subject to the 17% buyers premium, the same as Internet bidders.
6. There will be a premium of 17% for all bidders, added to the hammer price of each lot and it will be considered part of the total purchase price that includes Internet bidders. THE SOLD PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING AND HANDLING.
7. All purchases will be subject to a 6% Connecticut sales tax unless the purchaser possesses a valid tax-exempt number or the item is being shipped out of state or out of the country. (RHG / HG) must have an exemption certificate filled out with permit number and signature on any tax-exempt sale. No Exceptions!
8. PAYMENT - All items purchased via the Internet must be paid for within one (1) day. For items bought through eBay Live Auctions or live auctioneers, it is the buyer's responsibility to contact The Auctioneer ((RHG / HG). We will accept MasterCard / Visa, Amex, Wire Transfer or Paypal only. INTERNET PURCHASES OF MORE THAN $10,000 MUST BE PAID FOR THROUGH BANK WIRE TRANSFER TO ROBERT H. GLASS AUCTIONS, LLC, WITHIN THREE (3) DAYS. Failure to honor your payment with (RHG / HG) will result in a NPB being placed on your eBay account. See below for additional penalties.
9. OUR INVOICE DOES NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING CHARGES. RHG/HG Smalls Can be shipped through The UPS STORE Contact Jeff Von Flatern Directly At (860) 664-0066. Large Items Are Pick-Up Only If You Have Any Questions What Constitues Large Please Call Us Before Bidding.
10. Purchases Must be Pciked Up At the Sale location (900 Main St, Oakville CT) By 12/31/07 No Exceptions. Failure To Arrange Pickup by this date will result in forfiture of the items and PAymeot is still required. Please call before you pick up so someone can meet you.
11. (RHG / HG) reserve the right to withdraw any lot at any time.
12. A range of estimates is given on each lot with a low and a high estimate. Estimates should not be relied on as a prediction of the actual selling price. Bidding starts at half the low estimate.
13. If any applicable conditions herein are not complied with by the purchaser, in addition to other remedies available to it by law, including without limitation the right to hold the purchaser liable for the total purchase price, (RHG / HG) at its option may either (a) cancel the sale, retaining as liquidated damages all payments made by the purchaser or (b) resell the property at public auction without reserve or minimum selling price, and the purchaser will be liable for any deficiency and costs, including handling charges, expenses of both sales, the commission on both sales at regular rates, all other charges due hereunder and incidental damages. In the event a buyer initiates litigation against (RHG / HG) for any reason, then buyer agrees to reimburse (RHG / HG) for reasonable attorney's fees and/or costs incurred in any such action. In the event (RHG / HG) is required to initiate litigation and/or collection actions against a buyer, then the buyer agrees to reimburse (RHG / HG) for reasonable attorney fees and/or costs incurred in any such action, and further agrees jurisdiction shall be in Connecticut.
14. These terms and conditions of sale, as well as the respective rights and obligations of (RHG / HG) and any purchasers or bidder at any sale of (RHG / HG), shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Connecticut.
Please make sure your bids fall within the proper increments.
$0 - $500------------------- $10.00
$501 & up------------------ $25.00
For additional information or assistance regarding the Terms of Sale or any other relevant matter, please call us at the number below.
Michael Knudsen Or
Robert H. Glass
860-575-4341 or 860-608-8873