July 12, 2009- 6 PM to 9 PM. July 13, 2009- 9 AM to 11 AM. July 14, 2009- 9 AM to 11 AM
15% up to$100,000.00
10% up to$999,999.00
Terms & Conditions
CONDITIONS OF SALE - PLEASE READ
DECOYS UNLIMITED, INC. UNDER THE FOLLOWING
TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL OFFER THE PROPERTY LISTED IN THIS CATALOG.
1.All bids whether by floor, absentee, Internet or phone will have a buyer's premium of added as part of the total purchase price. 15% for cash or good check, 18% for credit card payment.
2. GUARANTEE - The Auctioneers have endeavored to correctly describe the property being sold as to attribution, period, and origin. The auctioneers reserve the right to make verbal corrections and provide additional information at the time of sale. We do not guarantee the type of wood or material used in the making of a decoy or carving. Since opinions may differ, as to condition, the auctioneers will be the sole judges in the matter of refunds. All property becomes the responsibility and liability of the buyer at the fall of the hammer. Any lots we might make arrangements for moving or storing are solely at the
risk of the buyer and any damage or loss occurring after the fall of the hammer becomes that of the buyer.
3. DURATION OF LIMITED GUARANTEE - Request for a refund for items purchased IN PERSON at the gallery must be made before those items leave the auction site. If you are an absentee or phone bidder it is your responsibility to examine the lot immediately upon receipt. On items purchased by absentee bid the guarantee will expire 24 hours from the day of delivery. Any intention of return must be expressed to the Auctioneers within 24 hours of delivery. Therefore all guarantees on items purchased will become null and void 10 calendar days from the date of shipment.
IMPORTANT: IF YOUR PAYMENT IS LATE, YOU MAY NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE GUARANTEE. Payment must be postmarked no later than 21 days from the date of invoice. 4. Buyers in attendance must inspect the merchandise or have it vetted prior to bidding.
5. The Auctioneers reserve the right to reject any opening bid or bid advance not commensurate with the value of the article being offered.
6. The Auctioneers reserve the right to withdraw any lot at any time prior to the commencement of bidding on the lot.
7. Some of the lots are offered subject to a reserve, which is the confidential minimum price below which such lot will not be sold. The Auctioneers may implement reserves by bidding on behalf of the consignor.
8. The highest bidder acknowledged by the Auctioneer shall be the purchaser. In the event of a dispute between bidders, the Auctioneer shall have the sole discretion as to who was the successful bidder or he may re-offer the disputed item at his discretion.
9. Full payment of each purchaser's account must be received on the day of the sale. Payment must be made by cash, good check, Visa or Master Card unless other arrangements have been made at least two hours prior to the auction.
10. All bidders will provide their names, residential address and show identification such as a driver's license prior to bidding. Personal checks will be accepted only if the Auctioneers have received a bank authorization guaranteeing funds or other credit references are provided or at the Auctioneers discretion. The Auctioneers reserve the right to hold merchandise purchased by personal check until the funds are collected by the bank, if the Auctioneers regard such action necessary to protect their interests.
11. All shipping and packaging expense shall be borne by the purchaser. If for any reason a purchased lot is lost or stolen prior to delivery, the Auctioneers shall not be
liable for any amount in excess of that paid by the purchaser.
12. All purchases taken on the day of the sale are subject to state sales tax unless the purchaser possesses a valid state sales tax exemption certificate and can provide a copy of same for the auctioneer's records. There are no exceptions to this law. To obtain such a number, contact the state Retail Sales Tax Division. Items purchased by out of state residents and shipped are not subject to MA state sales tax.
13. BIDDING AGENT RESPONSIBILITY - If you are vetting items for a client or registering for someone or if you execute a bid for someone else under your number, you are responsible for the settlement of that account. The bidding agent(s) are also responsible for examining the decoy(s) for clients regarding the guarantee.
14. TITLE - Title passes to the owner at the drop of the auctioneers hammer.
15. LEGAL DISPUTE - Any legal disputes arising from the auction shall be settled in the court system of the state of Massachusetts.
Absentee and telephone bids will be executed when possible as a convenience to customers. The Auctioneers will not be held responsible for any failure or errors in the accuracy of the execution of bids.
I have read and agree to the terms and conditions as stated in the Conditions of Sale. Bidding on any item in this sale indicates acceptance of the above terms.
NOTE The office will not be open until three business days after the sale.
Official prices realized will be published on the website 35 days from the date of the sale.