Thursday November 10 10 am - 5 pm
Friday November 11 10 am - 7 pm
Saturday November 12 12 noon - 5 pm
Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
Bidding in this auction is acknowledgement of your acceptance of the following terms & conditions
1. All property is sold "AS-IS", and neither Love at First Bid Inc. (herein referred to us "we", "us", or "our") nor the consignor makes any guarantees, warranties or representations, expressed
or implied, with respect to the property or the correctness of the catalogue or other description of authenticity of authorship, physical condition, size, quality, rarity, importance, provenance, exhibitions, literature, or historical relevance of the property or otherwise. No statement anywhere, whether oral or written, shall be deemed such as a guarantee, warranty or representation. Prospective bidders should always inspect property before bidding to determine its condition size and whether or not it has been repaired or restored. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
2. We reserve the right to reject any and all bids. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer will be the purchaser. In the event of any dispute between bidders, or in the event of doubt on our parts as the validity of any bid, the auctioneer will have the final discretion either to determine the successful bidder or to re-offer and resell the article in dispute. If any dispute arises after the sale, our sale record is conclusive. Under our discretion we will execute order bids or accept telephone bids as a convenience to clients who are not present at the auction. We are not responsible for any errors or omissions in connection therewith.
3. If the auctioneer decides that any opening bid is below the value of the article offered, he may reject the same and withdraw the article from sale, and if, having acknowledged an opening bid, he decides that any advance is insufficient, he may reject the advance.
4. On the fall of the auctioneer's hammer, title to the offered lot will pass to the highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer, subject to fulfillment by such bidder of all conditions set forth herein, and such bidder thereupon (a) assumes full risk and responsibility therefore, and (b) will pay the full purchase price therefore or such part as we might require. In addition to other remedies available to us by law, we reserve the right to impose a late charge if payment is not made in accordance with the conditions set forth therein.
5. We reserve the right to withdraw any property before the sale.
6. Love at First Bid Inc. will not be responsible for the integrity of electric, electrical, or battery operated articles. Buyers are advised to inspect the items to check the condition.
7. If any applicable conditions are not complied by the purchaser, in addition to other remedies available to us and the consignor by l aw, including without limitations to the right to hold purchaser liable for the total purchase price, we at our option may either (a) cancel the sale, retaining as liquidated damages all payments made by the purchaser or (b) re-sell the property at public auction, without reserve, and the purchaser will be liable for any deficiency, costs, including handling charges, the expenses of both sales, our commission on both sales at our regular rates, all other charges due hereunder and incidental damages. In addition, a defaulting purchaser will be deemed to have granted us a security interest in, and we may retain as collateral security for such purchaser?s obligations to us, any property in our possession owned by such purchaser. We shall have all the rights afforded a secured party under the universal commercial code with respect to such property and we may apply against such obligations all monies held or received by us for the account of, or due from us to, such purchaser. Payment will not be deemed to have been made in full until we have collected funds represented by checks, or in the case of bank cashier?s checks, we have confirmed their authenticity.
8. Unless exempt by law, the purchaser will be required to pay 8.875 New York sales tax or any applicable compensating use tax of another state on the total purchase price.
9. We are not responsible for the acts or omissions of carriers or packers of purchased lots, whether or not recommended by us. Packing and handling of purchased lots by us is at the entire risk of the purchaser. In no event will Love at Firs Bid Inc. be liable for damages to glass or frames, regardless of the cause.
10. In no event will our liability to a purchaser exceed the purchase price.
11. A BUYERS PREMIUM OF 23% will be added to the hammer price of each lot.
12. The catalogue can be amended by any posted notices or oral announcements during the sale of Love at First Bid Inc. and the consignor?s entire agreement with the purchaser relative to the property listed herein. These conditions of sale are the complete and only terms and conditions on which all property is offered for sale. The property will be offered by us as agent for the consignor, unless the catalogue indicated otherwise.
13. No claims will be allowed after goods are removed from the premises.
14. Persons attending during exhibition, sale or removal of items assume all risks of damage of or loss to person and property and specifically release us from liability of the premises on which the sale is held.
15. The record of sale kept by the auctioneer and bookkeeper will be taken as final in the event of any dispute.
16. The auctioneer is acting as agent only and is not responsible for acts of its principals.
17. All purchased items must be removed from property within 5 days after the sale, remaining merchandise will be moved to a storage facility at the expense and risk of the purchaser. We reserve the right to resell at auction any merchandise left after 30 days.
18. International buyers will be responsible for any and all additional charges for custom and insurance.
19. For those in attendance all purchases must be paid for in full and picked up within 3 business days after the conclusion of the auction.
Forms of payment include cash,bank wire transfer and pay pal.
Checks ( personal and business), will be accepted at the sale, discretion of Love at First Bid Inc.
20. Internet sales must be paid for within 10 business days of the sale or sale be voided.
Do not make payment until you have received an official invoice from live auctioneers.com.
Acceptable forms of payment include paypal and wire transfer.
Charge cards may be accepted via Paypal.