Terms and Conditions
All property offered and sold through Pydern Auction ("PYDERN") are subject to the following Provisions of Auction. By bidding in person, by phone or any other means, the Bidder agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions:
1. Consignor certify it is the owner, has good title to, or is given right to sell the consigned items. Description of the lots in the catalogues or elsewhere in writing or made orally, is presented as a statement of opinion for reference only. PYDERN and its consignors do not make any warranty or representation of these lots.
2. Bidders assume the responsibility to inspect the property and make their own decisions as to the quality and values of the property. All property is sold "as is" and without recourse.
3. Once the highest price bidder is acknowledge by auctioneer, the successful bidder may not revoke the bidding. Otherwise, the bidder is liable for breach of contract.
4. If a price does not reach reserve (the confidential minimum price below which a lot will not be sold), the lot will be passed over.
5. We reserve the right to reject a bid from any bidder, and to determine the bidding increments. The highest bidder acknowledged by the Auctioneer should be the purchaser.
6. Purchaser agrees to pay to PYDERN a premium of 15% of the hammer price. Purchaser through LiveAuctioneers agrees to pay to PYDERN a premium of 15% of the hammer price. The premium will be added to the hammer price.
7. All items purchased are subject to payment of the MA state tax of 6.25% on the total purchase price (hammer price plus buyer's premium) unless the purchaser presents proof of exemption with a properly completed MA state Resale Certificate evidencing possession of a valid MA Resale Number.
8. Successful bid must be claimed and payment must be paid in full within 7 days after the date of auction. Only after full payment, can successful bidder collect purchased merchandise. Payment can be made by cash or cashier's check. For payment by personal or company check, merchandise purchased will be held until check is cleared by the respective depository and drawn institution. We do not accept credit card.
9. We are not responsible for shipping or package. PYDERN is not liable for any loss or damages arising out of the fault of Shipment and Package Company, even though the company is recommended by PYDERN.
10. If we are prevented by fire, theft or other reasons from delivery of any property to the purchaser, our liability shall be limited to the sum actually paid by the purchaser.
11. If purchaser fails to make full payment within seven days from the date of bid, PYDERN may exercise all its rights authorized by law and other documents and hold the defaulting Purchaser liable for the amount due plus interest and losses due to purchaser's default.
12. Unless otherwise provided by law, PYDERN shall not reveal information and identity of consignors or bidders to third party without seeking permission from them first.