CONDITIONS OF SALE
All property offered and sold through Fine Arts Auctions LLC., ("Auctioneer", or "Broker", or the "Company") shall be offered and sold on the terms and conditions set forth in these Conditions of Sale. By participating in any sale, you acknowledge that you are bound by these terms and conditions. Fine Arts Auctions LLC. has made every effort to catalogue and describe accurately property to be sold. The Company, however, assumes no risk, liability or responsibility for the identification or authenticity or authorship, or weight, count, or measure of any property identified in its catalogue or lists of sale. This shall include, among others, the identity of the creator, the period, culture, source of origin, as the case may be, with which the creation of any property is identified in any publication.
ALL PROPERTY IS SOLD "AS IS". THE CONSIGNOR MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO ANY PROPERTY OFFERED FOR SALE, SINCE THE AUCTIONEER IS ACTING SOLELY AS AN AUCTION BROKER, AND, UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED, DOES NOT OWN THE PROPERTY OFFERED FOR SALE. THEREFORE, THE AUCTIONEER MAKES NO WARRANTY OF TITLE, WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WITH RESPECT TO THE PROPERTY.
1. Some of the lots in this sale are offered subject to a reserve. The reserve is a confidential minimum price agreed upon by the consignor and Fine Arts Auctions LLC. below which the lot will not be sold. In most cases, the reserve will be set below the estimated range, but in no case will it exceed the estimates listed. A representative of Fine Arts Auctions LLC. will execute such reserves by bidding for the consignor. In any event and whether or not a lot is subject to a reserve, the auctioneer may reject any bid or raise not commensurate with the value of such lot.
2. All property is sold 'as is' and neither the auctioneer nor any consignor makes any warranties or representation of any kind or nature with respect to the property, and in no event shall they be
responsible for the correctness, nor deemed to have made any representation or warranty, of
description, genuineness, authorship, attribution, provenance, period, culture, source, origin, or
condition of the property and no statement made at the sale, or in the bill of sale, or invoice or
elsewhere shall be deemed such a warranty of representation or an assumption of liability.
3. Except as provided in paragraph 1 above, the highest bidder as determined by the auctioneer shall be the purchaser. In the case of a disputed bid, the auctioneer shall have sole discretion in determining the purchaser and may also, at his or her election, withdraw the lot or reoffer the lot for sale. The auctioneer shall have sole discretion to refuse any bid, or refuse to acknowledge any bidder. Any bidder that plans on spending in excess of $100,000 should make arrangements with the accounting department at least five (5) days in advance of the sale, as a deposit may be required to participate.
4. All merchandise purchased must be paid for and removed from the premises the day of the auction. Fine Arts Auctions LLC. may impose, and the purchaser agrees to pay, a monthly interest charge of 1.75% of the purchase price of any lot or item lot not paid for within fifteen (15) days of the date of sale. Fine Arts Auctions LLC. shall have no liability for any damage or loss to property left on its premises for more than three (3) days from the date of sale. If any property has not been removed within three (3) days from the date of sale, at the option of Fine Arts Auctions LLC. may impose, and the purchaser agrees to pay, a monthly storage charge of 1.5% of the purchase price of any lot or portion of a lot not removed within the three days, and/or (b) Fine Arts Auctions LLC. may place the merchandise in a subsequent auction, without Reserve, to be sold to the highest bidder, and after deducting the standard commission and any additional charges that may apply, remit the proceeds to the purchaser.
5. Fine Arts Auctions LLC. accepts Cash, Cashier's Check or Wire Transfer for payment. Please contact accounting department for additional payment methods and/or additional fees.
6. If the purchaser breaches any of its obligations under these Conditions of Sale, including its obligation to pay in full the purchase price of all items for which it was the highest successful bidder, Fine Arts Auctions LLC. my exercise all of its rights and remedies under the law including, without limitation,
(a)canceling the sale and applying any payments made by the purchaser to the damages caused by the purchaser's breach, and/or
(b) offering at public auction, without reserve, any lot or item for which the
purchaser has breached any of its obligations, including its obligation to pay in full the purchase price, holding the purchaser liable for any deficiency plus all costs of sale.
7. In no event will the liability of Fine Arts Auctions LLC. to any purchaser with respect to any item exceed the purchase price actually paid by such purchaser for such item.
8. Shipping is the responsibility of the purchaser. Merchandise will be picked up, packaged or shipped by arrangements made by the buyer. All items are sold and shipped As Is. Fine Arts Auctions LLC. Absolutely accepts no responsible for all packing and shipping costs to be paid directly to shipping company. Upon request, our staff will provide the list of shippers who deliver to destinations within the United States and Internationally.
Some property that is sold at auction can be subject to laws governing export from the U.S., such as items that include material from some endangered species. Import restrictions from foreign countries are subject to these same governing laws. Note that we do not ship Ivory Internationally. Granting of licensing for import or export of goods from local authorities is the sole responsibility of the buyer. Denial or delay of licensing will not constitute cancellation or delay in payment for the total purchase price of these lots. Please email for any shipping inquires email@example.com
All ITEMS SOLD AS IS, WHERE IS. ALL SALES FINAL