To accommodate prospective buyers, all items offered for sale are available for viewing one day before the sale, as well as two hours prior to auction. We encourage all prospective buyers to personally inspect or have their agent inspect property BEFORE BIDDING to determine its condition and whether or not it has been restored, repaired or altered.
2002 Woodland Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50312
Terms & Conditions
CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. Most items auctioned are of considerable age and may exhibit wear, usage, repairs and damage. Therefore, all lots are sold "AS IS" and neither we nor the consignor makes any warranties or representations, express or implied with respect to such lots, and neither will be responsible for the correctness of description, genuineness, authorship, attribution, provenance, period, culture, source, origin, condition, operation or authenticity of any lot sold. No statement anywhere, whether oral or written, whether made in a catalogue, an advertisement, a bill of sale, a salesroom poster or announcement, or elsewhere, shall be deemed such a warranty, representation for assumption of liability. We and the Consignor are not responsible for errors or omissions in any catalogue or any supplemental material. ALL DIMENSIONS ARE APPROXIMATE.
2. We reserve the right to withdraw any property before the sale and shall have no liability whatsoever for withdrawal of property.
3. The auctioneer reserves the right to reject any bid. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer will be the purchaser. In the event of a dispute between bidders, the auctioneer has final discretion to determine the successful bidder.
4. On the fall of the auctioneer's hammer, title to the offered lot will pass to the highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer, and such bidder present thereupon assumes full risk and responsibility, and will pay the full purchase price plus buyer’s premium and any applicable fees such as sales tax and shipping IMMEDIATELY. Or if such bidder is not present, thereupon assumes the full risk and responsibility, and will pay the full purchase price plus buyer’s premium and any applicable fees such as sales tax and shipping IMMEDIATELY upon receipt of electronic notification or receipt of invoice.
5. A 15% eBay buyer’s premium will be added to the purchase price and is payable by the purchaser as part of the total purchase price.
6. If any applicable conditions herein are not complied with by the purchaser, in addition to other remedies available to us and the consignor by law, including without limitation the right to hold the purchaser liable for the total purchase price, we at our option may either (a) cancel the sale, retaining as liquidated damages all payments (including deposits) made by the purchaser or (b) resell the property on three (3) days notice either privately or at public auction without reserve and in either event the purchaser will be liable for any deficiency in the purchase price and all costs and expenses, including: storage fees, handling charges, the expenses of both sales and our commissions on both sales at our regular rates, all other charges due hereunder, including attorney fees and incidental damages. In addition, a defaulting purchaser shall be deemed to have granted us a security interest in and we may retain as collateral security for such purchaser's obligations to use, any property, in our possession owned by such purchaser. Payment will not be considered to have been made full until your check has cleared the bank.
7. The Auction House undertakes the execution of absentee bids as a convenience for clients and is not responsible for failure to execute bids, or for any error in the execution of bids.
To accommodate prospective buyers, all items offered for sale are available for viewing one day before the sale as well as two hours prior to auction. We encourage all prospective buyers to personally inspect or have their agent inspect property BEFORE BIDDING to determine its condition and whether or not it has been restored, repaired or altered.
Bidding may open above or below the low estimate and advances in the following order, although the auctioneer may vary the bidding increments during the course of the auction. WHEN LEAVING ABSENTEE BIDS, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR BIDS FALL WITHIN THE PROPER INCREMENTS.
The auctioneer acknowledges successful bidders present. Successful eBay bidders are notified electronically immediately after the sale of the item they have bid on. Successful absentee bidders will be notified and invoiced the week following the sale.
The Auction House will send all successful absentee bidders shipping contact information with their invoice. All successful bidders, whether absentee, telephone or eBay are responsible for shipping costs. Special instructions regarding shipping should be transmitted to the shipping contact. Successful bidders who are present at the auction and wish to have their item shipped will be given the necessary information for shipping at the time of checkout. Purchases paid by personal check will not be shipped until funds have cleared our bank.
Immediate Payment is Required
A 15% eBay Buyer’s Premium is added to the hammer price of each item sold, regardless of payment method used by successful bidders. Failure to pay for items purchased on eBay will result in notification to eBay and possible suspension of your purchasing rights at further auctions.
THE AUCTION HOUSE
2002 Woodland Avenue, Des Moines, Iowa 50312
Get notifications from your favorite auctioneers.
As Seen On
Shop With Confidence
Since 2002, LiveAuctioneers has made exceptional items available for safe purchase in secure online auctions.