Fine One-and-a-Half-Gallon Alkaline-Glazed Stoneware Jug, attributed to B.F. Landrum, Horse Creek Valley, Edgefield, SC, circa 1850, ovoid jug with finely-modeled, stepped spout and high-arching handle, the surface covered in a light-green alkaline glaze. Base of handle impressed with circular cross stamp, characteristic of B.F. Landrum stoneware. Base reveals five finger prints left from a large hand when the jug was dipped in its glaze. The spout on this example is noteworthy, one of the most delicately-crafted we have seen on an example of B.F. Landrum pottery. An in-the-firing, 4 1/2" horizontal line at base, which is partially glazed over. A minor base chip, which appears to be in-the-firing. H 11 1/2".