This original production art cel is from an episode of "Batman the Animated Series" entitled The Strange Secret of Bruce Wayne. Batman is seen in profile here on a bridge, while Commissioner Gordon looks on, with phone in hand. The perspective is sharply angled, and it conveys a sense of impending action.
This episode centers on Dr. Hugo Strange, and his machine that can see people's thoughts. This thought-reading machine uncovers the truth that Batman is really Bruce Wayne, and Strange attempts to auction this secret identity to Joker, Two-Face, and Penguin.
- Original Production Cel Art
- Image size: 8 1/2 x 11 1/2 inches
- Frame size: 16 x 19 inches
- Presentation: Double matted in yellow, blue, and light heather gray; glossy black plastic coated wood frame
- Authentication: Numbered Certificate of Authenticity from Warner Brothers; Warner Brothers seal on front, lower right
- Very good condition; some surface uneveness appears on the cel -- reframing might fix this
This animation cel beautifully portrays the "Dark Deco" look that the series became known for. The style was named after the animation technique which utilized black backgrounds with cels. It was a new technique at the time, and this Batman series was one of the first to employ it, creating a unique atmosphere, and influencing animation to come.
Due to the price or shipping dimensions of this item a shipping quote is required.CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE[removed][removed][removed][removed][removed]
- 20% up to $2,500.00
- 15% above $2,500.00