MONDAY 6/19 - SUNDAY 6/25 9AM-5PM ALL ITEMS LOCATED AT OUR WESTPORT GALLERY
Terms & Conditions
Terms And Conditions:
All property offered and sold through Westport Auction shall be offered and sold on the terms and conditions below. By bidding at the auction, whether present in person or by agent, by written bid, telephone, internet or other means, the buyer agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. All items are sold as-is. All sales are final. No returns. No exceptions
2. A 23% buyer's premium will be added to the hammer price of each lot sold to the floor and phone bidders with a discount of (3%) for cash or good check (28% for all online bidders) with a discount of (3%) for cash or good check. Liveauctioneers bidders will have a 28% buyers premium with a discount of (3%) for cash or good check.
3. All purchases (including buyer's premium) are subject to a Connecticut State sales tax of 6.35% unless (1) the buyer is an out of state resident and lots are being shipped out of Connecticut or (2) the purchaser has a valid tax resale certificate (an actual resale certificate must be presented and on file with Westport Auction)
4. All items are sold as-is, where-is. We do our best to describe the items; our descriptions are no way to be interpreted as a guarantee of any kind as to authenticity, age, condition and materials. Shipping and insurance is the responsibility of the purchaser. Purchase is not contingent upon shipping costs. You must be aware of the shipping costs before you bid on an item.
5. All items are sold to the highest bidder by the auctioneer. The auctioneer has the right to not accept any bid! Bidding may be reopened at the auctioneer's discretion. The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any item and to reoffer the item at another time
6. International buyers should be aware that certain countries do not allow the importation of items containing materials made from endangered species. This includes, but not limited to, ivory coral and tortoise shell. It is the buyers responsibility to check with relevant import and customs regulations prior to bidding.
7. All items purchased from Westport Auction must be paid in full within 10 days after the auction date. If the invoice is not paid within 30 days after the auction, Westport Auction will consider the sale void. All items purchased from Westport Auction must be removed within 14 days after the auction date. Items left after 14 days will incur a $10/day storage fee per item.
12. Shipping: all items not being picked up at Westport Auction's gallery will be shipped by companies from our suggested list of shippers. Westport Auction does not handle any shipping. Buyer must contact the shipping company directly after the auction to arrange shipment and payment for shipping.
Buyers will have 30 days after the auction date to contact Westport Auction if there is a discrepancy on the items. Westport Auction will not be responsible for any items after 30 days from the auction date.
-Cash (in house only)
- Credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, & Discover) (subject to 3 percent convenience fee)
- Money order, certified check, approved personal or business check with proper identification.
We reserve the right to hold item(s) until checks are clear.