Saturday October 26th 10am-4pm
Monday October 28th 9am-6pm
Tuesday October 29th 9am-4pm
926 Fort St
Victoria, BC V8V 3K2
Terms & Conditions
STANDARD CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. The term "Auctioneers", wherever used below, means LUNDS AUCTIONEERS & APPRAISERS LTD. its employees, officers and agents.
2. The Auctioneers reserve the right to reject any bid. The highest bidder acknowledged by the Auctioneers will be the buyer. In the event of doubt on the part of the Auctioneers as to the validity of any bid, the Auctioneers will have the final discretion either to determine the successful bidder or to reoffer and resell the article in dispute. If any dispute arises after the sale, the Auctioneer's sale record is conclusive.
3. Each and every lot will be on public exhibition one or more days prior to its sale and is sold with all faults and defects and with all errors of description and without guarantee of any kind by the Vendors or the Auctioneers, and the Buyer shall accept it "as is" and without re-course. There is no adjustment or rebate for any item after it has left the Salesrooms. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing all paintings and fine art however catalogued or publicized are sold without warranty or representations of any kind including value, authenticity or attribution.
4. Electrical or other items specifically described to be in working condition should be tested by the buyer before the goods leave the Sales-room.
5. Immediately a lot is sold the Buyer, if required, shall give his name and address and shall forthwith pay the whole of the purchase price. In default of payment the lot may forthwith be put up again and resold. Every lot is to be paid for and taken away by the Buyer before the close of the first business day following the sales session in which the lot was sold. No lot may be removed from the Salesrooms before it has been paid for. Lots may not be removed while the sale is in progress except at the discretion of the Auctioneers.
6. If the Buyer fails to pay for and remove any lot in accordance with Condition 5 above, the Auctioneers in their sole discretion may take necessary action to enforce the sale and to collect expenses and storage charges incurred or charged by them or may at public or private sale without further notice resell the lot for the account of the Buyer, any deficiency arising from such resale including commission, expenses and storage charges to be a charge against and collected from the Buyer. Storage charges commence 24 hours from the date of the sale and interest on overdue accounts is charged at the rate of 2% per month (24% per annum) dating from the day of the sale.
8. The Auctioneers shall not be liable for any default by the Vendor or the Buyer nor be liable in any other way. For all purposes the Auctioneers shall be deemed to act as Agent only for a disclosed Principal. The Auctioneers reserve the right to sell as Principal. 8. As a convenience to those unable to attend the sale, the Auctioneers will accept written bids without charge, subject to the Standard Conditions of Sale and without responsibility for errors. Telephone or telegraph bids are accepted at the sender's risk and should be confirmed in writing forthwith.
We accept Visa and MasterCard up to $1,000 Canadian Dollars; all purchases over $1,000 Canadian Dollars will require an International Bank Wire Transfer.
9. The records kept by the Auctioneers shall in all cases be accepted as final in any question as to the prices for which lots are sold or any question as to the Buyer of the lot.
10. The Auctioneers have the right to open the bidding, to refuse any bid, to bid on behalf of the Vendor without announcement, to withdraw lots without previous notice, and to divide any lot or combine any two or more lots, at their sole discretion. A lot may be subject to a reserve imposed by the Vendor.
11. The Auctioneers will exercise all due caution in caring for consignments and auction lots but are not responsible if such be lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed. Consignments are accepted, stored, displayed and put up for sale at the sole responsibility of the Vendor. Title passes to the Buyer immediately on conclusion of the bidding for each lot and thereafter the Buyer is responsible for the lot whether or not it remains on the premises of the Auctioneers. If the consignment or lot be valuable, Vendors and Buyers should so inform their respective insurance companies.
12. Special conditions of sale may be set for any specific auction of for individual lot or lots either by announcement at the time of sale, by publication in a catalogue or by posting with these Standard Conditions of Sale at the Auction.
13. The public is cordially invited to attend exhibitions, pre-auction viewings and sales, but the Auctioneers retain in their sole discretion the right to refuse admittance to any individual.
Get notifications from your favorite auctioneers.
As Seen On
Shop With Confidence
Since 2002, LiveAuctioneers has made exceptional items available for safe purchase in secure online auctions.