Auction items will be available for preview: Friday October 10 from 12 pm to 5 pm (PST). Monday, October 13th from 9 am to 7 pm (PST) and day of sale, Tuesday from 4 pm to 7 pm (PST).
Terms & Conditions
SEATTLE AUCTION HOUSE:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. Full payment of each purchaser's account must be received at the end of the auction sale or upon check-out. Terms are Cash (In House Only), Postal Money Order, Credit Card or Certified Check unless other arrangements have been made with the auction company prior to the days of the auction sale. When paying by check, check must be accompanied by current bank letter of credit and/or require time to clear before shipping can occur. Payment must be in U.S. funds. Payment MUST BE COMPLETED IN TEN BUSINESS DAYS after auction completion to avoid nonpaying bidder reports being filed with eBay.
Online bidders must provide a credit card at registration. Unless other payment arrangements are made, purchases will automatically be posted to that card within 72 hours from auction close. If credit cards are used, no charge-backs are allowed for any reason.
If any check given in payment is not honored for any reason (including but not limited to N.S.F., stop payment order, or the like) you agree whether the check is signed by you as the maker or endorser, that if such check is placed in the hands of an attorney for collection, to pay reasonable attorney's fees incurred, with all costs of suit in event suit is instituted.
2. Shipping is the responsibility of the buyer. We will provide buyers with local shippers which will handle all your shipping needs for both large and small items. This information is also included with catalog registration material. Contact the shipping company directly, or Seattle Auction House, for estimates on shipping larger items that might require special handling or shipping arrangements. Shipping usually takes 2-4 weeks for parcel items and can take longer for larger items and international shipping.
All merchandise purchased on site must be packed, transported and/or removed by the purchaser at his own risk immediately after the close of the sale, unless other arrangements have been made for storage and shipping. If any employee or agent of Seattle Auction House shall pack or transport the merchandise, it is fully at the risk, responsibility and expense of the purchaser, and Seattle Auction House shall not be held liable for any loss, damage or other dispute that may be caused by said agent or employee. All items not removed after close of sale will be moved and stored by Seattle Auction House or their agents. Fees, rates and any insurance will be charged accordingly to the purchaser.
3. Ownership title passes on the fall of the auctioneer's gavel (i.e. when SAH), as agent for seller, accepts the bid). Thereafter, the property is at the sole risk of the buyer. Neither the seller nor the auctioneers shall be responsible for loss or any damage to any article due to theft, fire, breakage or any other cause whatsoever, how ever occasioned. If an article sold cannot be delivered by reason of theft, breakage, or other damage prior to check-out, the sale shall be deemed canceled without any liability on the part of the auction company.
4. All property is sold As Is-Where Is and neither we nor the consignor make any guarantees, warranties or representations, expressed or implied, in regard to the property or the correctness of the brochure or other description of the authenticity of authorship, physical condition, size, quality, rarity, importance, provenance, exhibitions, literature or historic relevance of the property or otherwise. No statement anywhere, whether oral or written, shall be deemed such a guarantee, warranty or representation.
We and the consignor make no representation or warranty as to whether the purchaser acquires any reproduction rights in the property.
Prospective bidders should inspect the property before bidding to determine its condition, size and whether or not it has been restored. Catalog descriptions include condition information where possible. If you have any questions regarding lots, contact the auction company prior to the auction. If you have questions on specific lots, call between Monday and Friday 9-5pm (Pacific Time), 206-764-4444. If you are unsure about a lot, for any reason, DO NOT BID. No items may be returned for any reason.
5. All lots are subject to a 14% buyer's premium for in house buyers, On-line bidders are subject to a 19% buyer's premium.
6. All bids to be per lot as numbered at the sale site unless otherwise mentioned by the auctioneer.
7. Bidders are required to register and give full photo identification prior to the beginning of the sale and are required to use the number issued to them when identifying themselves as the successful bidder. Online bidders MUST complete registration with both eBay AND our online host LiveAuctioneers.com. Without both registrations complete and verified by LiveAuctioneers.com, you will be unable to bid. You can complete that online registration at liveauctioneers.com. Register early to make certain you are approved to bid.
8. The highest bidder will be declared the buyer. In all cases of a disputed bid the lot shall be resold, but the auctioneer will use his judgment as to the good faith of all claims. His decision is final.
9. This is a privately owned and operated auction. We reserve the right to refuse admittance to any person, or eject from the auction site anyone selling or attempting to sell their own merchandise.
10. Bidding on merchandise automatically constitutes agreement with these provisions.
11. No transfer will be recognized from one buyer to another. Please watch over your children; you are responsible for any damage you or they may cause.
12. All auction sales will be subject to the laws of the State of Washington. Any disputes that might arise from this auction must be brought to Washington for determination.