Conditions of Sale
1. Some of the lots in this sale are offered subject to a reserve. The reserve is a confidential minimum price agreed upon by the consignor and Asset Forfeiture & Seizures Auctions, Inc. the amount under which the lot will not be sold. In most cases, the reserve will be set below the estimated range, but in no case will it exceed the estimates listed. A representative of AFS Inc. will execute such reserves by bidding for the consignor. In any event and whether or not a lot is subject to a reserve, this will show up as Floor Bidder during the LIVE Auction, the auctioneer may reject any bid or raise not commensurate with the value of such lot.
2. All property is sold "as is", and neither the auctioneer nor any consignor makes any warranties or representation of any kind or nature with respect to the property, and in no event shall they be responsible for the correctness, nor deemed to have made any representation or warranty, of description, genuineness, authorship, attribution, provenance, period, culture, source, origin, or condition of the property and no statement made at the sale, or in the bill of sale, or invoice or elsewhere shall be deemed such a warranty of representation or an assumption of liability.
3. Except as provided in paragraph 1 above, the highest bidder as determined by the auctioneer shall be the purchaser. In the case of a disputed bid, the auctioneer shall have sole discretion in determining the purchaser and may also, at his or her election, withdraw the lot or reoffer the lot for sale.
4. All merchandise purchased must be paid for and removed from the premises the day of the auction. Asset Forfeiture & Seizures Auctions Inc. may impose, and the purchaser agrees to pay, a monthly storage charge of 3.5% of the purchase price of any lot or portion of a lot not removed by the purchaser within three (3) business days after the date of sale. Asset Forfeiture & Seizures Auctions Inc. shall have no liability for any damage to property left on its premises for more than three (3) days after the date of sale.
5. We accept Cashiers check or wire transfer ONLY for bills over 5k. Prior approval for Personal checks. We reserve the right to hold merchandise purchased by personal check until the check has cleared the bank. The purchaser agrees to pay AFS Inc. a handling charge of $23.00 for any check dishonored by the drawee. Please contact Accounting for additional payment methods. We now accept payment by credit card or debit cards for merchandise purchases under 5k.
6. If the purchaser breaches any of its obligations under these Conditions of Sale, including its obligation to pay in full the purchase price of all items for which it was the highest successful bidder, we may exercise all of its rights and remedies under the law including, without limitation, (a) canceling the sale and applying any payments made by the purchaser to the damages caused by the purchaser's breach, and/or (b) offering at public auction, without reserve, any lot or item for which the purchaser has failed to pay in full the purchase price, holding the purchaser liable for any deficiency plus all costs of sale.
7. In no event will the liability of AFS Auctions to any purchaser with respect to any item exceed the purchase price actually paid by such purchaser for such item.
8. Shipping is the responsibility of the purchaser. Upon request, our staff will provide the list of shippers who deliver to destinations within the United States and overseas. Some property that is sold at auction can be subject to laws governing export from the U.S., such as items that include material from some endangered species. Import restrictions from foreign countries are subject to these same governing laws. Granting of licensing for import or export of goods from local authorities is the sole responsibility of the buyer. Denial or delay of licensing will not constitute cancellation or delay in payment for the total purchase price of these lots.
9. All purchases are subject to the sales tax law of Nevada. Dealers, museums, and other qualifying parties are exempt from Taxation.
10. Except for property purchased on LiveAuctioneers, a premium equal to 18% of the final bid price, will be applied to each lot sold, to be paid by the Buyer as part of the purchase price. The buyers premium on property purchased on LiveAuctioneers will be in the amount equal to 18% of the final bid price.
11. Bidding on any item indicates your acceptance of these terms and all other terms announced at the time of sale whether bidding in person, through a representative, by phone, by Internet, or other absentee bid.
12. These conditions of sale shall be governed by the laws of the Nevada (excluding the laws applicable to conflicts or choice of law). The buyer/bidder agrees that any suit for the enforcement of this agreement may be brought, and any action against Asset Forfeiture and Seizures Auctions in connection with the transactions contemplated by this agreement shall be brought, in the courts of the State of Nevada or any federal court sitting therein. The bidder/buyer consents to the nonexclusive jurisdiction of such courts and waives objections that it may now or hereafter have to the venue of any such suit.
ALL SALES FINAL, ALL ITEMS SOLD AS IS WHERE IS, WITH ALL FAULTS. All payments must be received no later than 72 hours after sale. Prior payment arrangements must be made 24 hours prior to sale, and be approved prior to bidding. We sell only to USA, Canada, Europe, Australia and select countries. If you are unsure if you are in these regions please do not bid, or ask us for bidding requirements.