Preview period: Thursday January 4th to Saturday January 7th, from 10am to 5pm.
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions of Sale
1. ALL PROPERTY IS SOLD AS IS / WHERE IS AND ALL SALES ARE FINAL. While the Auctioneer will, to the best of his ability, describe the items for sale, there are no warranties, expressed or implied, that the property offered for sale is what it is described to be by the Auctioneer or the catalog. The bidder is solely responsible for determining the age, size, condition and value of the property PRIOR TO bidding. Neither the Auctioneer nor the Consignor will be held responsible for any descriptions of the rarity, quality, condition, size, importance, or provenance of the property, and NO statement, whether oral or written, by the Auctioneer or by any representative of Kaminski Auctions shall be deemed a warranty or representation regarding the property offered for sale.
2. The buyer?s premium on property purchased will be in the amount of 17% of the final bid price.
3. All bids must be submitted at least 24 hours prior to auction start. Any bids received after this time are NOT GUARANTEED to be executed.
4. Upon registering, the bidder must present a valid identification card to obtain a registration number. If a representative is bidding on a company's or someone's behalf, an authorization letter with contact information of the actual bidder is required.
5. Kaminski Auctions reserves the right to authorize the credit card prior to bidding, as a deposit. If bidder is unsuccessful charge will be voided out.
6. Any bidder that plans on spending in excess of $1,000,000 should make arrangements with the accounting department AT LEAST 5 days in advance of the sale, as a deposit may be required in order to participate.
7. The Auctioneer, at his sole discretion, reserves the right to reject any opening bid, which he feels is unacceptable or too low, and also reserves the right to withdraw any property before the sale.
8. The highest bidder acknowledged by the Auctioneer will be the purchaser. In the event of an identical bid, the earliest bid received will take precedence, only when executed in competition with other bidders.
9. In the event of a dispute between bidders, or, in the event of doubt on the Auctioneer?s part as to the validity of any bid, the Auctioneer will have the final discretion to determine the successful bidder, or the choice to re-offer and sell the property in dispute.
10. Once the Auctioneer announces the word ?Sold?, title to the property will immediately pass to the highest bidder acknowledged by the Auctioneer. Once title to the property has passed to the highest bidder, such bidder (a) assumes all risks and responsibilities for protecting and securing the property (b) will pay the full purchase price plus buyer?s premium.
11. If there is a reserve (minimum amount requested by consignor) on any item and a bid does not meet minimum reserve amount, the auctioneer has the right at his sole discretion to void any and all sales/bids on that particular item.
12. Payment: All items purchased in person MUST BE paid for on the day of the sale. All items purchased via absentee, phone or internet bidding will be either charged to the credit card, or withdrawn from the checking account on file immediately following the auction sale. There is a handling charge of $25.00 for dishonored checks. The Auctioneer reserves the right to impose a storage fee of $10.00 per day per lot commencing on the 10th day after the auction for any property not paid for and/or removed from the premises. The auction house must be notified of shipping arrangements by the 8th day. ALL PROPERTY STORED IS AT THE RISK OF THE PURCHASER. Any payment that is not successfully completed within 7 days of auction end will result in a 2% penalty fee, as well as a ban from bidding with us in future sales. Please note that we do share non paying bidder information with other auction houses in the US and Europe, as well as online bidding platforms.
13. All purchases are subject to 6.25% Massachusetts sales tax unless purchaser has Massachusetts sales tax exemption number. Items shipped or mailed out of the state of Massachusetts are exempt from Massachusetts sales tax. Any item(s) to be picked up on location in Massachusetts by the bidder will be subject to appropriate state sales tax.
14. All terms and conditions of sale are governed in accordance with the laws of the state of Massachusetts.
15. Kaminski Auctions is NOT responsible for shipping. We will provide the names of local shippers with whom the purchaser may deal directly. Payment must have been received and checks cleared prior to the release of property for shipping. Kaminski Auctions will provide delivery to local areas for a fee of $185.00 for transit by van, or $275.00 for transit by truck. Transit outside of one 30 mile are subject to additional hourly charges.
16. On purchases exceeding $5,000.00 paid for by business or personal check, and not by cash or certified funds, the Auctioneer reserves the right to retain possession of the merchandise until the personal/business check clears our account.
17. Bidding on any items indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions of sale.
18. Please note that it is the buyer's sole responsibility to arrange the shipment of ivory, tortoiseshell, or rhinoceros horn out of the continental United States.