Terms and Conditions of Sale
1. Chamberlain's Auction Gallery (CAG) will add a buyer's premium of 18% to the final "hammer price" of each lot. The buyer shall pay any applicable state or local sales tax (6%) unless the buyer is exempt by law from such tax. The buyer must sign a tax exempt form to support this exemption and is responsible for all taxes if signed claim is found to be invalid.
2. CAG is providing internet pre-auction and live bidding as a service to bidder. Bidder acknowledges and understands that this service may or may not function correctly the day of the auction. Under no circumstances shall bidder have any kind of claim against CAG or anyone else if the internet service fails to work correctly before or during the live auction. CAG will not be responsible for any missed bids from any source. Internet bidders who desire to make certain their bid is acknowledged should use the proxy-bidding feature and leave their maximum bid 24 hours before the auction begins. CAG reserves the right to withdraw or re-catalog items in this auction.
3. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the description of each lot, but these are expressions of opinion and are not representations of fact. No employee of CAG has any authority to make any representation regarding authenticity, age, origin, condition, measurement, clarity or color or weight of any lot or lots. Prospective purchasers should personally view lots offered for sale to evaluate the condition of the articles. All property is sold "as is" and are "final sales," neither the gallery nor the consignor makes any guarantees of any kind regarding the authorship or authenticity of any item. Artist's names and signatures do not carry warranty and are not guaranteed unless a certificate of authenticity accompanies lot.
4. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be the buyer. The auctioneer has the right to reject any bid and to advance the bidding at his absolute discretion and in the event of any dispute between bidders, to determine the successful bidder or the re-offer and resell the article in dispute. Should there by any dispute after the sale, CAG's record of final sale shall be conclusive.
5. Some of the lots in this auction are offered subject to a reserve. The reserve is a confidential minimum price agreed upon by the consigner and CAG. The auctioneer may open the bidding on any lot below the reserve by placing bids on behalf of the seller up to the amount of the reserve. Either by placing consecutive bids or by placing bids in response to other bidders.
6. Contact CAG for payment details. CAG honors Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express, as well as Money Orders, Cashiers Checks, Personal Checks and Wire Transfers. Personal checks will be honored with a 10 day waiting period for our local bank to clear your check. All INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS can pay by Wire Transfer, Money Order or Cashiers Check. All invoices must be paid within 5 days of auction. Credit card purchases will be charged at end of auction.
7. SHIPPING - Please consider shipping costs before bidding. It is the Buyers responsibility to arrange and pay for shipping. For your convenience we recommend the following shippers, but assume no responsibility for their actions.
Pak Mail - 1-877-230-7737 or 1-248-393-3277
3759 South Baldwin Rd.
Lake Orion, MI 48359
Craters & Freighters of Metropolitan Detroit 1-586-268-4102
32588 Dequindre Rd.
Warren, MI 48092
8. Ivory sales will be done in accordance of the laws. No ivory will be shipped outside the country.
9. The successful bidder(s) shall have their items removed from Chamberlain's Auction Gallery within 21 days of the sale.