Terms And Conditions:
NOTE THOSE BIDDING ONLINE AND PAYING BY CREDIT CARD WILL HAVE A 28% premium. mail OR BRING A CHECK (BANK check if new customer) to receive a discount of 3% to a 25% premium
You will be required to fill out and send back a form with your signature through email to process a credit card payment, this is easy to do by scanning or even taking a picture w/ a smartphone.
All property offered and sold through Westport Auction shall be offered and sold on the terms and conditions below. By bidding at the auction, whether present in person or by agent, by written bid, telephone, internet or other means, the buyer agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE TO ARRANGE SHIPPING, ASK US IF YOU NEED HELP ON THIS MATTER, WE DO NOT PACK OR SHIP THE ITEMS IN HOUSE.
1. All items are sold as-is. All sales are final. No returns. No exceptions
2. IN HOUSE BIDDING - A 23% buyer's premium will be added to the hammer price of each lot sold to the floor and phone bidders with a discount of (3%) for cash or good check (28% for all online bidders) with a discount of (3%) for cash or good check.
3. All purchases (including buyer's premium) are subject to a Connecticut State sales tax of 6.35% unless (1) the buyer is an out of state resident and lots are being shipped out of Connecticut or (2) the purchaser has a valid tax resale certificate (an actual resale certificate must be presented and on file with Westport Auction)
4. All items are sold as-is, where-is. We do our best to describe the items; our descriptions are no way to be interpreted as a guarantee of any kind as to authenticity, age, condition and materials. Shipping and insurance is the responsibility of the purchaser. Purchase is not contingent upon shipping costs. You must be aware of the shipping costs before you bid on an item.
5. All items are sold to the highest bidder by the auctioneer. The auctioneer has the right to not accept any bid! Bidding may be reopened at the auctioneer's discretion. The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any item and to re-offer the item at another time, IN THE EVENT THAT THERE IS AN ONLINE BID ON AN ITEM AS WELL AS AN IN HOUSE BID, THE OPENING BID WILL BE PLACED IN HOUSE FIRST.
6. International buyers should be aware that certain countries do not allow the importation of items containing materials made from endangered species. This includes, but not limited to, ivory coral and tortoise shell. It is the buyers responsibility to check with relevant import and customs regulations prior to bidding.
7. All items purchased from this sale at Westport Auction must be paid in full within 10 days after the auction date. All items purchased from Westport Auction must be removed within 14 days after the auction date. Unpaid invoices will be disputed on live auctioneers after 14 days. All items left in the gallery will incur a daily storage fee of $10.00 per lot.
8.ALL ITEMS WILL INCUR A $10 A DAY STORAGE FEE NO MATTER SIZE IF LEFT IN THE AUCTION FACILITY AFTER THE 14 DAYS NO EXCEPTIONS. After the 14 days, all items are removed from our facility to our storage warehouse to make room for the next months auction.
9. Shipping: all items not being picked up by the buyers at Westport Auction's gallery in NORWALK, CT will need to be picked up by the buyers chosen shipping agent. You can see companies from our suggested list of shippers Or call us for a referral. Westport Auction does not handle any shipping. Buyer must contact the shipping company directly after the auction to arrange shipment and payment for shipping.
Buyers will have 30 days after the auction date to contact Westport Auction if there is a miss-representation of an item. Westport Auction will not be responsible for any items after 30 days from the auction date.
-Cash (in house only)
- Credit cards (MasterCard, Visa)
- Money order, certified check, approved personal or business check with proper identification.
We reserve the right to hold item(s) until checks are clear.