An intricate statue of an ancestor seated on a sedan chair. The ancestor has three small guards and the chair is being carried by four other figures. The ancestor has an expressive face and his headdress is decorated with multiple cowrie shells. Approx. 53x31x23 cm
tribal art / african art
Buyer Pays Shipping Cost. Ripple Art Auctions will ship the lots with DHL Express.
Payment can be made via bank transfer or PayPal. After we have received your shipping information we will send you a invoice that includes the shipping cost.
Please read our terms and conditions for more information.
Accepted payment methods
By participating in the auction the bidder accepts our auction conditions.
1. Unless listed otherwise in the description of the lot, stands, bases and pedestals are not included in the sale unless the object is permanently fixed to the stand, base or pedestal.
2. Prospective bidders are responsible for checking whether a lot can be legally imported into their country before bidding. Ripple Art Auctions can?t be held responsible for goods that are confiscated by customs.
3. All bids are final. The bidder is bound by his or her bid until a higher bid is given or until it is rejected by the auctioneer. In case a bidder has the winning bid, he or she is obliged to buy the lot.
4. Bidding is conducted online only.
5. In addition to the bid price, the successful bidder must pay buyer?s premium of 15%.
6. All bids are excluding VAT. The final price of the lot will consist of the winning bid + buyer?s premium + 21% VAT. If you are outside the EU or have a valid EU VAT number, we can invoice without VAT.
7. All items are shipped with DHL Express. Upon receipt of the delivery address, Ripple Auctions will calculate the exact shipping costs and include them on the invoice. The buyer will cover all shipping costs. Ripple Art Auction will do its best to properly pack any sold items.
8. Invoices must be paid within 7 working days. After that period there will be a 10% interest fee.
9. Payment can be made by bank transfer or PayPal. There will be a 3% service fee for all PayPal transactions.
10. If an invoice is not paid in full after 15 working days, Ripple Art Auctions reserves the right to relist the lot. The bidder agrees to pay for the reasonable cost of such a sale and also to pay any difference between the resale price and the previously successful bid, together with any incidental costs of sale.
11. The estimates for each lot are just that, estimates. Items might sell for more than the estimated value.
12. The items that Ripple Art Auctions lists for sale are often old and therefor the buyer should expect some wear. All items are sold as seen on the lot. We will not include an exhaustive description of all wear and damages with every lot. Nevertheless, Ripple Art Auctions will do its best to clearly list any noteworthy damage or wear when we see fit.
13. Goods can be returned within 14 days after the delivery of the good to the buyer. Ripple Art Auctions will NOT cover the costs of return shipping. After receipt of the returned good, Ripple Art Auctions will inspect the item for any damages. After the good is deemed in order, Ripple Art Auctions will refund the sales price of the good including the buyer?s premium. Shipping costs and PayPal fees will NOT be returned.
14. Bidders have to register before bidding.
15. Ripple Art Auctions reserves the right to withdraw items from auction. This might happen in cases such as damage during storage.
16. Until the pickup by the shipping company, Ripple Art Auctions is liable for loss, theft, damage or destruction of items which have been auctioned and paid for but only up to the total of the auction price, surcharge and VAT.
17. Ripple Art Auctions reserves the right to publish illustrations and photographs of sold items.
18. In case of a legal dispute, the courts of Leuven, Belgium have jurisdiction. Ripple Art Auctions may bring legal action before any other court.
African Hard Wood Ancestor Statue Tribal Art
Estimate €200 - €350
Get pre-approved to bid live on Fri, Sep 21, 2018 3:30 AM GMT.Register For Auction