Monday, February 8th thru Friday, February 12th, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Saturday, February 13th, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Sunday, February 14th, 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
Terms & Conditions
TERMS OF SALE
You must register prior to the start of the auction!
1. EVERY LOT IS SOLD AS IS and ALL SALES ARE FINAL. We, Langston Auction Gallery, do not guarantee dates, signatures, origin, condition, or authenticity. All measurements are approximate. The bidder is solely responsible for determining age, condition, origin, authenticity, and value of the item before bidding. Langston's will attempt to describe every lot correctly and point out any defects, but neither Langston's, nor the consignor, will be responsible for any errors in the description or estimated value. We recommend prospective bidders examine all items of interest. By placing a bid via phone, Internet, or in person you signify that you have examined the items as fully as you desire or that you have chosen not to examine them.
2. Bid increments are a guideline and may be changed by the auctioneer at any time.
3. Items listed in the catalog to be sold "each" will remain "each and will be charged accordingly. On items sold each, the final bid price is multiplied times the amount of pieces. Example - a set of six chairs (each), the final bid price is $100.00 each X 6.
4. The buyer's premium on property purchased via Live Auctioneers will be in the amount of 15% of the final bid price.
5. Live Internet, phone, and absentee bidding are available as a courtesy. Langston Auction Gallery will not be responsible for internet bids that are not sent, received, or executed by the administrator. Langston's will not be responsible for failure to execute absentee or phone bids. In the unlikely event that we lose our Internet connection, Langston's reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel the remainder of the Internet auction.
6. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer will be the purchaser. In the event of any dispute between bidders, or in the event that there are multiple bids for the same amount due to the sequence and timing of bids from floor bidders, Internet bidders, absentee or phone bidders, the auctioneer will have the final discretion either to determine the successful bidder or to re-offer and resell the item in dispute. In the event of a tie between an internet bidder and a floor bidder, THE FLOOR BID WILL TAKE PRECEDENCE. The auctioneer reserves the right to reject any opening bid which he feels is unacceptable or too low and reserves the right to withdraw any property from the sale.
7. All announcements made during the auction take precedence over any printed material.
8. On the close of the sale of an item, title to the property immediately transfers to the successful bidder, who, in turn becomes the buyer of the property. The buyer assumes full risk and responsibility for the purchased property, including all costs and expenses of handling, shipping, insurance, and export, and is liable for the full purchase price plus the buyer's premium and applicable taxes. NC sales tax of 7.75% will be added to the total purchase price unless bidder qualifies for exemption by submitting a sales tax exemption form (Form E-595E) with Langston Auction Gallery. Items physically picked up in NC by buyers without a sales tax exemption will be charged the NC State sales tax. Items shipped by common carrier out of state will not be charged NC State sales tax.
9. All accounts must be settled within (5) days of the auction. It is the responsibility of the buyer to contact Langston's to arrange payment. Acceptable forms of payment are money order, cashier's check, bank wire transfer (include an additional $15 for bank wire fee), MasterCard, Visa, Discover, personal and business checks. If payment is made by check, Langston's reserves the right to hold all items purchased until the check has cleared the bank. A service charge of $35.00 will be charged for returned checks. If payment is not made within specified time, the amount owed will be charged to your credit card.
10. All packing and shipping of merchandise will be at the risk and expense of the buyer. Langston Auction Gallery does NOT provide in-house packing or shipping. Shipping arrangements may be made through the buyer's own shipper or Langston's will supply a list of shippers. We do not provide estimates for shipping. You must obtain your own estimate by contacting your choice of shipper. Upon request, we will provide a list of shippers for buyer to contact. Shippers are independent of us and are not endorsed by us; therefore, we are not responsible for problems associated with shipping. Merchandise must be removed from our auction gallery within two weeks of the auction. Merchandise is stored at the risk of the purchaser.
11. By registering for this sale and bidding on any item, all bidders are entering into a contract and agree to abide by and accept these terms of sale.