Zitan Box, China, early 20th century, the rectangular form carved with a lotus flower on the cover, the four sides with key fret design in relief, mark on base, 2 1/4" x 5 1/8" x 3 1/4".
Shipping Arrangements: IT IS THE BUYER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO ARRANGE AND PAY FOR PACKING SHIPPING. WE DO NOT MAKE SHIPPING ARRANGEMENTS OR QUOTE SHIPPING CHARGES WITH THE EXCEPTION OF SHIPPING TO OUR WAREHOUSES IN BEVERLY HILLS, SAN DIEGO, AND BEVERLY, MA AT FLAT RATES(please see our website for details). ALL BUYERS MUST CONTACT A SHIPPING COMPANY TO MAKE ALL PACKING AND SHIPPING ARRANGEMENTS INCLUDING PICK UP, SHIPPING CHARGES, AND CLAIMS. Final arrangements and agreements are strictly between the buyer and the shipper. Kaminski Auctions is not responsible for the buyer's choice of a shipper or for any occurrences during shipping. PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE BUYER TO ARRANGE THE SHIPMENT OF IVORY, RHINOCEROS HORN, AND TORTOISESHELL INTERNATIONALLY.
All items purchased in person MUST BE paid for on the day of the sale. All items purchased via absentee, phone or internet bidding will be either charged to the credit card, or withdrawn from the checking account on file immediately following the auction sale. There is a handling charge of 25.00 for dishonored checks. The Auctioneer reserves the right to impose a storage fee of 10.00 per day per lot commencing on the 10th day after the auction for any property not paid for andor removed from the premises. The auction house must be notified of shipping arrangements by the 8th day. ALL PROPERTY STORED IS AT THE RISK OF THE PURCHASER. Any payment that is not successfully completed within 7 days of auction end will result in a 2% penalty fee, as well as a ban from bidding with us in future sales. Please note that we do share non paying bidder information with other auction houses in the US and Europe, as well as online bidding platforms. Please contact Kaminski Auctions, 978-927-2223 or email: catalogskaminskiauctions.com, to make payment arrangements. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal, email address: paypalkaminskiauctions.com , personal check, money orders and cash(In House Only).
Accepted payment methods
ALL SALES ARE FINAL. THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS OR RETURNS. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE AUTHENTICITY OF ITEMS SOLD.
Approval is at the discretion of the Auction House. Live Auctioneers members should register in advance for this sale. Please be sure to include your complete information and agree to share this information with Live Auctioneers. Approval for bidding is at the discretion of Kaminski Auctions. In some cases, we may require you to provide additional information or complete an account approval form. If you do not provide the additional information we will not approve you to bid. Please note registrations are not approved during the course of the sale.
Massachusetts sales tax of 6.25% applies if you reside in Massachusetts, or if you are personally picking up your lots. If you have a Massachusetts Tax ID number you must contact Kaminski Auctions to adjust your total amount due. LiveAuctioneers does NOT acknowledge you as a dealer with a Tax ID number, only as a Massachusetts resident.
PRE APPROVAL FOR BIDDING OVER 50,000
Any customer spending over 50,000 or bidding on items valued over 50,000 at the Kaminski Auctions Fine Asian Art and Antiques Auction must be pre- approved for bidding. Please call 978 927 2223 before bidding.
Please Read Before Bidding
We strongly recommend that you or your agent personally inspect all items before bidding. Any condition statement is given as a courtesy to a client. It is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact. Kaminski Auctions shall have no responsibility for any error or omission. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections, or the effects of aging. Kaminski Auctions cannot guarantee the age andor authenticity of items. It is entirely up to the bidder to determine age andor authenticity of items. Catalogs, including on-line catalogs and brochures are guides only and are based on sources believed to be reliable but their accuracy cannot be guaranteed.
Terms & Conditions of Sale
1. ALL PROPERTY IS SOLD AS IS / WHERE IS AND ALL SALES ARE FINAL. While the Auctioneer will, to the best of his ability, describe the items for sale, there are no warranties, expressed or implied, that the property offered for sale is what it is described to be by the Auctioneer or the catalog. The bidder is solely responsible for determining the age, size, condition and value of the property PRIOR TO bidding. Neither the Auctioneer nor the Consignor will be held responsible for any descriptions of the rarity, quality, condition, size, importance, or provenance of the property, and NO statement, whether oral or written, by the Auctioneer or by any representative of Kaminski Auctions shall be deemed a warranty or representation regarding the property offered for sale.
2. The buyer's premium on property purchased will be in the amount of 17% of the final bid price.
3. All bids must be submitted at least 24 hours prior to auction start. Any bids received after this time are NOT GUARANTEED to be executed.
4. Upon registering, the bidder must present a valid identification card to obtain a registration number. If a representative is bidding on a company's or someone's behalf, an authorization letter with contact information of the actual bidder is required.
5. Kaminski Auctions reserves the right to authorize the credit card prior to bidding, as a deposit. If bidder is unsuccessful charge will be voided out.
6. Any bidder that plans on spending in excess of $1,000,000 should make arrangements with the accounting department AT LEAST 5 days in advance of the sale, as a deposit may be required in order to participate.
7. The Auctioneer, at his sole discretion, reserves the right to reject any opening bid, which he feels is unacceptable or too low, and also reserves the right to withdraw any property before the sale.
8. The highest bidder acknowledged by the Auctioneer will be the purchaser. In the event of an identical bid, the earliest bid received will take precedence, only when executed in competition with other bidders.
9. In the event of a dispute between bidders, or, in the event of doubt on the Auctioneer's part as to the validity of any bid, the Auctioneer will have the final discretion to determine the successful bidder, or the choice to re-offer and sell the property in dispute.
10. Once the Auctioneer announces the word "Sold," title to the property will immediately pass to the highest bidder acknowledged by the Auctioneer. Once title to the property has passed to the highest bidder, such bidder (a) assumes all risks and responsibilities for protecting and securing the property (b) will pay the full purchase price plus buyer's premium.
11. If there is a reserve (minimum amount requested by consignor) on any item and a bid does not meet minimum reserve amount, the auctioneer has the right at his sole discretion to void any and all sales/bids on that particular item.
12. Payment: All items purchased in person MUST BE paid for on the day of the sale. All items purchased via absentee, phone or internet bidding will be either charged to the credit card, or withdrawn from the checking account on file immediately following the auction sale. There is a handling charge of $25.00 for dishonored checks. The Auctioneer reserves the right to impose a storage fee of $10.00 per day per lot commencing on the 10th day after the auction for any property not paid for and/or removed from the premises. The auction house must be notified of shipping arrangements by the 8th day. ALL PROPERTY STORED IS AT THE RISK OF THE PURCHASER. Any payment that is not successfully completed within 7 days of auction end will result in a 2% penalty fee, as well as a ban from bidding with us in future sales. Please note that we do share non paying bidder information with other auction houses in the US and Europe, as well as online bidding platforms.
13. All purchases are subject to 6.25% Massachusetts sales tax unless purchaser has Massachusetts sales tax exemption number. Items shipped or mailed out of the state of Massachusetts are exempt from Massachusetts sales tax. Any item(s) to be picked up on location in Massachusetts by the bidder will be subject to appropriate state sales tax.
14. All terms and conditions of sale are governed in accordance with the laws of the state of Massachusetts.
15. Kaminski Auctions is NOT responsible for shipping. We will provide the names of local shippers with whom the purchaser may deal directly. Payment must have been received and checks cleared prior to the release of property for shipping. Kaminski Auctions will provide delivery to local areas for a fee of $185.00 for transit by van, or $275.00 for transit by truck. Transit outside of one 30 mile are subject to additional hourly charges.
16. On purchases exceeding $5,000.00 paid for by business or personal check, and not by cash or certified funds, the Auctioneer reserves the right to retain possession of the merchandise until the personal/business check clears our account.
17. Bidding on any items indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions of sale.
18. Please note that it is the buyer's sole responsibility to arrange the shipment of ivory, tortoiseshell, or rhinoceros horn out of the continental United States.