1910 Harley-D Model 6A, This was the bike, a simple single-cylinder, 494 cc inlet over exhaust engine that produced six and half horsepower. It paved the way for much of Harley-Davidson's later success. Chain drive was for the starting pedals only. The bike was put on it's rear stand and started since it had no gearbox or starter. The rear wheel also houses the back-pedal type coaster brake. There was no front brake fitted. That's a German made Bosch Magneto above the leather belt that is a free wheel clutch operated by the lever. The leading-link style forks offered a small measure of suspension for the front end at least and helped reduce broken forks on the rough roads of the day. Capable of a maximum speed of 45 mph (72 km/h) and weighing just 195 lbs (88.5 kg), the performance was 'stately' rather than sporting. These machines were produced from 1904 through 1918, V-Twin production began in 1907.