ABSENTEE AND INTERNET BIDDERS - Invoices will be sent out by Dana J. Tharp Auctions to successful bidders who participate in the auction via absentee bidding, Auctionzip Live, Invaluable or through Danajtharpauctions.com beginning the TUESDAY after the auction. This can take several days to complete. Do not contact us before Wednesday! Our office hours are Wed-Fri from 10am to 5pm EST. Auction attendees are expected to make full payment the day of the sale. Internet bidder have (14) days to remit payment after an invoice is received.
Terms and Conditions: ALL SALES ARE FINAL. All property is sold as is, where is, with all faults, and all sales are final with no returns accepted. All gemstones have been tested on a Smartpro Gem-Eye 1 Diamond and Simulant Tester, and test as described, but all buyers are advised that gemstones and diamonds may be enhanced by a variety of means to improve their color or clarity. There is no warranty implied as to clarity of stone, or impurities there in, as these have not been tested by a gemologist. As most jewelry could have been worn, all lots are sold as is. It is the responsibility of the bidder to inspect the lots prior to the sale. There is a preview period where every potential bidder has the opportunity to inspect, and handle each lot offered at auction. Bidder acknowledges that the absence of any reference to their condition does not imply the absence of wear, repair or defects. Dana J. Tharp Auctions makes no warranties whatsoever to the correctness of any information provided (including weights, metals, etc). Again, it is up to the bidder to inspect each lot prior to bidding. Shipping, handling, insurance and others associated fees will not be refunded. Pre-auction estimates of value or bidding estimates are opinions only and provided solely as a convenience to clients, and should only be used as approximations of current market value. All descriptions and statements in the auction regarding authorship, source or origin, maker's mark, signature, age, gems, and measurements are opinions only and do not constitute a warranty or guarantee. Provenance and authenticity are not guaranteed by the consigner or auctioneer. Every effort is made to determine authenticity, but it is the responsibility of the bidder to arrive at their own conclusion prior to bidding.
Dana J. Tharp Auctions reserves the right to reject your registration to bid. Dana J. Tharp Auctions may require the production of a bank note or financial letter of credit prior to you bidding in our auction. All items that are purchased at auction and paid for can only be mailed to the address that is registered with Dana J. Tharp Auctions, Live Auctioneers, eBay Live, and Auction Zip/Invaluable. This is to prevent fraud and protect both the buyer and the auction house.
1. BIDDING - Bid by lot number as printed in catalog. All bids are handled competitively, and all lots are sold at one bid increment over the next highest bid provided they reach a reasonable bid level. It is the auctioneer's discretion as to whether or not a reasonable bid level has been obtained. The placing of a bid will constitute acceptance of these conditions of sale. The auctioneer shall regulate the bidding and in the event of a dispute the auctioneer's decision will be final. The auctioneer shall not liable for errors and omissions in executing instructions to bid. The auctioneer shall not be liable for floor bids that are unintentionally missed or obscure. In the event of a tie bid, the earliest non-internet bid will be awarded as the winner of the lot. This is due to programming restrictions using Auctionzip Live software. Incorrect bid increments may not be accepted. The bid increments for this sale are as follows:
2. ABSENTEE BIDDING - Ceiling bids will be executed for absentee bidders in accordance with Rule 1 above. For example, if an absentee bidder places a ceiling bid of $400 on an item and the under bidder, whether from the floor, internet or another absentee bidder, finished bidding at $210, the high absentee bidder would be awarded the bid at $220. The auctioneer will bid up to and including the high ceiling only if needed to out bid the under bidder. All absentee bids are handled in complete confidence. Phone(440-463-7158), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), and regular mail bids must be received by 11:00 AM the day of the auction.
3. Auctionzip LIVE, INVALUABLE LIVE and danajtharpauctions.com BIDDING - All interested parties MUST register before the start of the auction. All online bidding is done so in accordance with Auctionzip and Invaluable rules. No bid retractions are allowed once the auction begins. Dana J. Tharp Auctions reserves the right to reject any bid. Please read Buyer's Premium.
4. PAYMENT/CREDIT - Successful bidders are expected to make payment in full before the lots are shipped/delivered. Payment may be made by good check, money order, Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover or cash. Paypal is available for Auctionzip Live transactions. Do not send cash through the mail. Payments are due within (14) days of invoice date. Any winnings not paid after (21) days will remain the property of Dana J. Tharp Auctions at the bidder's expense. Interest on delinquent accounts will be assessed after (21) days from auction date. A 5% late charge per month will be added to all accounts that exceed this (21) day period. Please remember to give us your credit card # as you sign in as we do not keep any on file. Dana J. Tharp Auctions reserves the right to prohibit bidders with delinquent payments from participation in future events and services. All items must be paid in full before items are removed from premises. No exceptions!
5. BUYER'S PREMIUM - The buyer's premium for internet bidders (Auctionzip and Invaluable) is 15% and will be added to the hammer price. Auctionzip/Invaluable also charges a 5% premium, so the total buyer's premium is 20%.
6. POSTAGE, INSURANCE & TAX - All shipping costs and associated fees are to be paid for by the winning bidder prior to shipment of auction winnings. A minimum charge of $2.50 for shipping, handling and insurance fees will be added to invoices for material that is shipped. We must ask all customers who use a P.O. Box for their mailing address to include a UPS address for our files when shipment of larger lots becomes necessary. Ohio residents are responsible for sales tax (7%) and it will be added to their invoice unless proper exempt status documentation has been filled out PRIOR to the sale. Dana J. Tharp Auctions handles most shipping internally, although larger items/lots are beyond our shipping capabilities. If your invoice has an amount included for shipping then we will be doing the shipping internally. If your invoice does not include shipping then refer you to our local UPS store to facilitate the shipping costs associated with your items through them. They can be contacted at The UPS Store - Mike 1-440-943-5544 email@example.com for shipping quotes on larger items.
7. SHIPMENT - Winnings will be shipped within 7-10 business days of payment received in full. Please inform us if you would like to pick up your winnings.
8. RETURNS - All items are sold AS-IS. We strive to accurately describe all of our lots. With that said any lot which is incorrectly described may be returned within (7) days of receipt and must be returned in the same condition as was originally sold. Lots are not returnable when bidding errors have been made or after the (7) day return grace period has passed. Lots that have been sold to another person by the original bidder are not returnable for any reason. No returns will be accepted for any reason after (30) days have passed since the auction. Dana J. Tharp Auctions assumes no responsibility for damage or losses once material has been received by carrier(UPS, FedEX, USPS, other shippers or freighter) and refunds will be provided when pending insurance from carrier is provided. Issued refunds will include the hammer price, buyer's premium and sales tax(if applicable). Shipping, handling, insurance and others associated fees will not be refunded.
9. CATALOGS & MARKET INDICATORS USED FOR PRICING AND ESTIMATING - Current Issues of published reference books, Public and internet auction results and other sources. Estimates on lots represent the fair market value that we believe each lot is worth in the current market.
10. ACCEPTANCE - The placing of a bid shall constitute acceptance of the foregoing conditions of sale.
As Always Auction Results Will Not be Available until Wednesday.
Most items will be shipped internally and a shipping charge will appear on your invoice if we are shipping the item in house. If no shipping charge appears, please pay your invoice and we will then make arrangements for a third party shipper to contact you. UPS is our local shipper, and you can contact them at (440)-943-5544. You can also pick items up at our auction facility. Payment at the end of auction can be made via Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org only after you have received our invoice, please reference the Invoice number.